Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
My family didn't even know there was a stuffing mix in this meat loaf. I used chicken flavor stuffing mix when making this, but any flavor will work.
Enjoy! Debbie

Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf

img_529771_0_841a88046716f9372a82c4162006ba8f.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (6 ounce) STUFFING MIX; Any Flavor.
1 envelope(s) BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Grated.
1 3/4 cup(s) WATER
_____

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, stuffing mix, beefy onion soup mix, eggs, cheese and water.
Mix well.
Press meat mixture into a large loaf pan; I used a 9 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 loaf pan with a jelly roll pan under it to catch any spill over (which did not happen).
Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour.
Remove cover and continue to bake for 30 more minutes or until meat loaf is done.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of baking dish being used.
_____

Thank you!
Will have to try that, I'm on a quest for the perfect meatloaf! I'm close..... I can taste it.....

Oh wait, that's the one in the oven.. My bad! :rolleyes:

If it tastes as good as it looks, it must be gone by now! Anyway, I am going to try that soon because we were given a box of stuffing mix that we never used for Christmas.

Oh boy, another excuse to use stuffing! I'll definitely be trying that!

Thanks, Ol-blue!

Lee

Awesome,

I was planning on making some meatloaf this week and was looking around for a recipe, I'll defiantly be using this one tonight!

Boy that looks fantastic! I love meatloaf without the addition of tomato paste or catsup in the recipe and I can tell I will love the taste of this by looking at it.
I have two questions on the items I will need to pickup; What is beefy onion soup mix and what is stuffing mix? My guesses; the Lipton cup-a-soup stuff and Stouffers or stove-top stuffing.... something like that? I don't recall seeing dear old mom opening any packages of anything when she made stuffing :huh: I want to get these ingredients right and make one of these Sunday. Maybe I'll add some ground pork I have, too.

Thanks

I confess that my family is the largest per capita consumer of Beefy Onion Soup in perhaps the entire world.

I am making this today!

So if I ask someone at the store what those two items are they should know? They won't substitute something else and there aren't different breands, one better than another?

Enjoy everyone! Debbie

pancanis, The Beefy Onion Soup Mix is not cup-a-soup. It should be kept in the same area though. It is made by Lipton. The box says Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix.
Stove-top stuffing is correct, any flavor.

Cool. Thanks!
I hope to get back into the store this week. If I can wait that long to make this.

I had 6 boxes of Beefy Onion in my cupboard ....:ermm: and a canister of Stove Top.:blush:

But I did buy a box of Low Sodium Stove Top and the store to make sure the ML wasn't too salty.

I omitted the cheese due to dairy allergy and added some ketchup and worcestershire sauce to the meat. Topped with mixture of Heniz chili sauce and kecap manis.

It was DELICIOUS!!!!

I am having it for a sandwich on a one of the batch of sammie rolls I made yesterday too. It's sooo good that I'll probably eat more if it for dinner tonight, too.

TNX for the recipe!

I was hungry for turkey about a week or so before Thanksgiving and couldn't wait..lol..so I made up a turkey meatloaf recipe using crushed-up stuffing(Pepridge Farm) in it, also onions and celery sweated in butter..chicken broth for moisture and all the traditional seasonings..it was good. Can either serve with gravy or pour whole cranberry sauce over it the last 15 mins or so of cooking it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom