Ms. Mofet's Homemade Cheezburger Mac Helper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Homemade Cheezburger Mac Helper

3 lb. ground beef
1 (10 oz.) box of mushrooms or 1 (13.25 oz.) Can mushrooms - stems and pieces; drained
1 large onion - chopped
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) uncooked elbow pasta
1 (32 oz.) box Beef Broth
2 cups (8 oz.) Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1 (10.75 oz.) can Cheddar cheese soup (undiluted)
1 (10.75 oz.) can Cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
Your favorite herb and spice seasonings*
Salt
Ground pepper

*I used my AP spice blend to season the meat:
Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Hungarian Hot Paprika

Season and brown meat in pan till no longer pink.
Add mushrooms and onion and cooked till soft.
Add the broth and bring to boil.
Add pasta; bring back to boil and simmer till pasta is cooked (about 10 minutes) and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Add shredded cheddar and cans of soup (undiluted); mix well till completely incorporated.

img_1434485_0_f5adf0e5f1101d7299f2ca4c963d5c02.jpg

Oh yummy! I don't usually care for elbow macaroni, but this looks delicious. I may have to make an exception!

Thank you DL and Kay.

I don't use elbows very often either but that's what was in the pantry at the time. I usually use small pasta shells instead of elbows in mac salad and such.

Oh yummy! I don't usually care for elbow macaroni, but this looks delicious. I may have to make an exception!

Prince Pasta used to make casserole size elbows. Now they only make large and small. I like the casserole sized ones for macaroni salad. I also used them for baked mac and cheese. I think I am going to have to switch to shells. Why did they have to go and upset my world of cooking? :angel:

Should I be embarrassed caught copying a hamburger helper recipe. Naw, I don't think so. This is the kind of dish I allow guilt -free 2nd helpings. :cool::yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom