"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 06-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I tried doing the Lipton onion soup-burger recipe. Whoops! That didn't turn out so great! I've tried about a hundred different variations when building a burger but in the end I just like a burger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion ketchup and mustard. No pickles for me, too salty. :D

Old 06-09-2004, 06:27 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We bought a 4-H side of beef once. I am not joking, we could (and did) cut the steaks with a fork! Best beef we ever had.

:) Barbara

Old 06-09-2004, 06:28 PM   #13
Everymom

Best burger in the land too.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:51 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Best burger in the land too.
Definitely! It's funny, my family was pretty poor for awhile, and there was not much but cheap ground beef and hot dogs for a couple years (but boy, could my mom turn a scrawny amount of cheap meat into a feast!). When we got that great, grainfed side of beef, we ended up with so many steaks from it that we started craving hamburgers! I love steak and prime rib, but you can't beat a good hamburger.

P.S. Alix, you have been reading my mind! Two or three times this evening, I have started to reply to someone, only to discover that you had replied, saying word-for-word what I was going to say!!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:42 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Wow! Could it be telepathy with you and Alix, Barbara? I want to know what a 4-H is? Duh...is it the quality of the meat?

Dina
Old 06-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina
Wow! Could it be telepathy with you and Alix, Barbara? I want to know what a 4-H is? Duh...is it the quality of the meat?

Dina
4-H Club. Kind of like Future Farmers of America, I guess. They do service projects, etc., and some raise animals and show them at fairs, etc.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to RAYT721
LIPTON ... YUCK

I agree with Damp Charcoal. I once had the Lipton Soup Mix and once WAS enough for that. The seasoning salt has been my favorite additive and grilling them medium-rare produces the juicy burger that I enjoy sinking my teeth into. I know, I know, meat should be well-done for health reasons but I just can't deal with dried out burgers. /rayt721
Old 06-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #18
Everymom

Eeek! Isn't there 4H in the US? Dina, the 4 H's stand for Head, Heart, Hands, Health. It is basically a youth group and some of the kids will raise a calf and then when it is old enough they will sell it to earn money for school or whatever. They have a show in early June usually and sell their hand raised calf. They have to do some work with it but I won't get into all that. ANYWAY...the meat is very fine, as the cattle are VERY pampered as a general rule, and you support a great cause.

Barbara, LOL! Glad to know we are on the same wavelength! Sorry to beat you to the punch reply wise, I will be quieter now! Loved your story about the puppies. How are the kittens BTW?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Got it, Alix. And we do have 4H here too. I just didn't know they called it 4H. So is the 4H meat better quality?

Dina
Old 06-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #20
Everymom

Yes.

Tags
None