My (2) New Burger Secrets ... What Are Yours???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
geee...took me forever to read through this thread! :LOL: I like my burgers many, many ways. A place in town uses a toasted potato roll, then your burger, a slice of grilled ham, grilled onion, tomato, lettuce and thousand island dressing.

hamburgers

Just came onto the site, so I don't know if anyone mentioned this but, I remember homemade burgers used to taste so good. I finally figured out that we used to have high fat hamburger before the days of low fat. It must have been 27-30% fat way back when. And lo and behold when I tried a higher fat burger, hamburgers were tasty again, like I remembered them.

Yep, they sure are good. And let's face it, it's not like we eat them everyday and when are of a certain age :oops: and we want a burger we want it the way we remember it!!!! And I had to stand beside my mother so she wouldn't squish the juice out of the burgers. Used to drive me nuts! LOL

Deb, I zeeenk zat eees 'the burger a la Pareee' way of cooking burgers! Of course, leave it to the French to cook EVERYTHING in butter, lol!

marmalady said:
Is anyone here any old-timey 'Bostonite'? There used to be a place in Kenmore Square, I think, called the 'Fatted Calf' - anyone remember it? Absolutely awesome burgers, with different toppings - the reply about the blue cheese burger reminded me of that restaurant, 'cause they served a burger with a huge scoop of blue cheese on top. Yum!

Depends on how OLD you mean! ;)

I did hang out in that part of the woods quite often, but it's not ringing a bell. Where was it? Near Deli Haus? The Rat? IHOP?

Oh, Gosh, Jenny - This was in the late '60's, early 70's! Um, If I can remember, it was within walking distance of the Lahey Clinic - other than that, I don't really remember much about what was around it. Sure was good, tho!

Off topic, I know - did I ever mention (on that 'other' board) that I used to work at Durgin Park, down in Haymarket? LOL, lots of fun stories there!

my favorite burger is a not-to-lean one with either bleu cheese or swiss, maybe some sauteed onions, definately tomato, lettuce, and potentially pickles, mayo, ketchup, mustard....
kinda just depends on what you're hungry for...

I like to stuff my hamburgers with mashed roasted garlic clove and shallot and add gorgonzola. They are really moist and tastes wonderful.

Also, like to stuff with roasted pablamo or pasilla peppers chopped and guyere cheese.

64871803107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom