My Steak Au Poivre pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
l_773acd66512afd2b8124da802be03450.jpg

l_4bddf4f90a123c00dc7ed406f1479076.jpg

l_37b2a01dd0bd666ef646d64fbbedd3c2.jpg

btw i spelt poivre wrong haha silly me

Last edited:
all i have is my sidekick so the flash only makes the pictures worse. I am looking at getting a digi camera though for this purpose mainly.

Also the steaks really did taste great. The marinate didnt make them to tough and didnt effect the pepper taste. The sauce came out great too. Altogether it was a good dish.

Looks delicious. What type of steak did you use? I've read that for this recipe, NY strip or a sirloin is suggested. I prefer rib eye. What type of sauce is it that you used?

I used top of the round steaks sense they were relativelt inexpensive and I was on a budget.

the suace was the poivre sauce that I got from deglazing the pan the steaks were seared with golden sherry it was a very light sauce which is what I was going for.

Your right, top round is relatively inexpensive, but since you marinaded them, and then added a sauce on top, I bet they were just fine. I never cooked such dishes when I was your age, so I commend you for your obvious passion for cooking!

My technique is justing trying as hard as I can to learn. I don't really do anything special however I wouldn't be doing as much as I am now without the help from my teacher, iron chef, kitchen elf and all the other people on this thread

And thank you for commanding me on my work I try as hard as I can.

tsi88kid, you are amazing. Are your cooking efforts a result of a culinary class you are taking in high school? I say high school because that is the age group you are in. I'm impressed with your creativity and desire to create. Keep up the good work and keep your enthusiasm high. If you have a goal to pursue the culinary world, you should do well.

Most of the meals I have posted are a product of my own desire and passion for cooking. I love cooking and plating food and even though I make these plates on my own my teachers and all of you help me alot.

Keep those pics coming - I love to see pics of people's meals. I'd post more pics myself if I could remember to take them! All I could possibly do right now is take a pic of what a MESS my kitchen is after making panini.

Back
Top Bottom