Olive Burger Sauce???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanwingen

Cook
We had a restaurant called Hot-n-Now that is no longer. I think it was a franchise. They had the best olive burgers, and I want to try to make an olive burger sauce, and make my own olive burgers.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make an awesome olive burger sauce?
On a side note, there are still a few restaurants around here that offer olive burgers but all they realy do is stick some mayo and sprinkle some olives and call it good. These don't even compare to what Hot-n-Now had.

I found a couple of recipes for you...perhaps one of them will be what you are looking for.

Hamburgers with Spanish Olive Relish:

2 Tbls.olive oil
1 c.coarsely chopped onion
1 c.diced green pepper
1 small clove garlic,crushed
1/2 tsp.paprika
1/2 c.sliced stuffed olives
1/2 tsp.basil leaves
1 lb.ground chuck
1 tsp.salt
1/8 tsp.pepper

Heat the oil in a large skillet.Add the onion,green pepper,garlic & paprika,saute over medium high heat till green pepper is tender.
Stir in the olives & basil leaves,remove from skillet & keep warm.
Mix the ground chuck with salt & pepper,shape into 6 patties.Fry patties in same skillet till browned.
Spoon the olive mixture on hamburgers & heat through. Serve on hamburger buns or hard rolls,if desired.

All American Olive Burgers

1 (4.25 oz.) can Lindsay chopped ripe olives
1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/4 cup diced tomato or avocado
4 hamburger buns, split, lightly toasted

Set aside 2 tablespoons of the chopped olives. Combine remaining olives, meat, onion, breadcrumbs and garlic salt. Mix well; shape to form four one inch thick patties. Grill or pan grill over medium heat 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Combine remaining olives, mayonnaise and tomato; spread over burgers. Serve in buns. Makes 4
servings.

That sounds really good. I love anything with olives. I had a really good burger in Riverside, CA several years ago that had a lot of green olives in it. It was great.

Constance--those recipes sound good too!

:) Barbara

Olive Burger Sauce

I see your post is quite old....but as I was looking for a similar recipe I found this one which I tried and believe its actually better than Hot N Now, which I remember very well. I have been an Olive Burger fan forever and can only seem to find them when I am back in Michigan so I had to track down my own.

Busy Mom Recipes: Olive Burgers

Black Olive Tapenade Could Work

Interesting, a Mediterranean Burger ... I believe a tapenade could possibly work as a filling with the ground beef. See my recipe and photo posted in Vegetables or Ethnic Section.

Views on filling it with tapenade ?

Have nice wkend,
Ciao, Margi.

I see your post is quite old....but as I was looking for a similar recipe I found this one which I tried and believe its actually better than Hot N Now, which I remember very well. I have been an Olive Burger fan forever and can only seem to find them when I am back in Michigan so I had to track down my own.

Busy Mom Recipes: Olive Burgers

It looks like the original post was seeking a recipe for a traditional Michigan olive burger, and this recipe recreates one of the best (The Peanut Barrel) in mid-Michigan where they were originally invented. I will definitely use this recipe until I can had back home and get the real thing!

This is quite a lovely spread to put over a burger:

Provençal Tapeno ( A Black Olive Spread used in Provençe ):

200 grams of whole black olives Niçoise ( can use Kalamata )
3 Tablespoons of Capers
2 anchovies minced finely
1 clove of garlic minced
Juice from 1/2 of a large lemon
5 Tablespoons of Provençe French or Italian Evoo ( extra virgin olive oil )

*** You can also add de-seeded & peeled tomato ( reduces bitterness ) and some fresh Basil or Parsley if you wish ..

Blend all in a Food Processor or Blender or use a Mortar & Pestle ..

I prepare this to serve with a variety of crackers, and or Canapès with a cheese board.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
This should work really well on a burger:

New Orleans-Style Muffuletta Olive Mix

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped pitted green olives with pimientos (10-ounce jar)
3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
2 Tbs chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped carrots
3/4 cup chopped cauliflower
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 Tbs capers
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp Coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well. Spoon into a 1-quart jar with lid. Refrigerate about 1 week before serving. Will keep almost indefinitely in the refrigerator.

Back
Top Bottom