Ox Tongue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
I pickle Ox Tongue, boil and eat it hot, or press it and eat it cold.
your methods please.

I eat alot of things but there is NO way I can eat tongue....something about me tasting something that can taste me back **gack** I know it's tastebuds are skinned but um...no Im good. We just butchered this past weekend and I learnt that they should hang the same as regular beef....who would have thunk. My dad likes to raost em then make sandwiches with it....again **gack**

I don't usually see beef tongue at the store. I really like it.

I once cooked a pig tongue. When I was finished skinning it, the cat ran off with it.

I eat alot of things but there is NO way I can eat tongue....something about me tasting something that can taste me back **gack** I know it's tastebuds are skinned but um...no Im good. We just butchered this past weekend and I learnt that they should hang the same as regular beef....who would have thunk. My dad likes to raost em then make sandwiches with it....again **gack**
Perhaps you would prefer a meusa sandwich?

Here's a funny story about cooking beef tongue.

Many years ago I was boiling a beef tongue and I also had a covered pot on to boil for potatoes. My "diamond in the rough" brother in law came over and I hardly knew him at the time. He marched into the kitchen wanting to know what I was cooking. He lifted the lid on the tongue, and slammed it back down, looked at me and asked if the testicles were in the other pot!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Needless to say, he didn't stay for dinner.:wacko:

looked at me and asked if the testicles were in the other pot!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Needless to say, he didn't stay for dinner.:wacko:

You could have said only if this conversation keeps going down hill!:LOL::LOL:

I KNOW it cant taste me Justplainbill BUT its the whole mental thing. Dad used to feed it to me when I was a kid and it was apparently good but then the mental thing kicked in when I got older, and Ill superly pass on the meusa sandwich!!! ick :)

Many years ago I was boiling a beef tongue ....

Huh, huh, my wife came to my mom once and smelled something really good so she marched into the kitchen to check just to find a tongue in the pot. :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

She doesn't touch any of organ foods, too bad for her, too good form I get to enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom