Peter Luger Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess we'll never know for sure.

If you want, you all can take up a collection and I will go and personally do the "research!" :LOL: [It's a cinch I can't afford their prices, especially when I can buy a great piece of beef for so much less and make my own.]

If you want, you all can take up a collection and I will go and personally do the "research!" :LOL: [It's a cinch I can't afford their prices, especially when I can buy a great piece of beef for so much less and make my own.]

I'll get right on that! :ROFLMAO:

My question was/is....When did slicing someone's steak prior to service become "fashionable"?? ---- I'll slice/cut my own steak...Thank you very much!! Ruth's Chris serves a very hot steak...but as others have mentioned...by the time it's plated, expedited, served, and you're ready to start...it's probably "rested" long enough.

Ditto on I'll slice/cut my own Steak as well :ermm:. As for resting the steak, I do rest mine a little but I don't make rocket science out of it :glare:

I've eaten at Peter Luger's a few times and the steaks always come out still sizzling, so I'm sure they don't let them rest. I don't let steaks rest when I cook them at home either. Sure, there's a little juice that comes out, but I just pour it on my baked potato for a little extra flavor. The steaks at Peter Luger's are juicy, tender, and delicious. As far as cutting the porterhouse and then putting it back under the broiler, I think it's just to make sure it's still sizzling when it is served.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom