Porterhouse Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how we all missed that red line the first time..... :glare:
:LOL:

All I still see is a NY Strip, a nice one at that.

This is what I think of when I think Porterhouse

porterhouse-steak.jpg

A ver defined strip, and filet.

Next time I'll take a picture of the leftover bone for ya. Mmmmmkay? I never had a ribeye with a big bone shaped like a 'T' right smack in the middle of it. :glare:

img_587102_0_3086d37e32971d50f2cab5cc436e27f6.jpg

I guess my question would be why wouldn't you cook it on the bone? Flavor's much better with the bone in, imho. :ermm:

I'll get one a more 'photogenic' next time.

It was grilled bone-in, deboned, sliced and put back together. That is the typical way to serve that steak.

If I served my steaks that way, Jeeks, it would be missing some pieces when I put it back together :pig: :angel:

Porterhouse Steak (30-36 oz)

img_587389_0_ec2a86c7713c6ce8bd7906c685ac9a9b.jpg

Coat both sides with kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Really coat it, espescially if you're using a thick piece of meat like this. Most of the seasoning will come off during the grilling process.

Compound Butter

2 sticks of room temp unsalted butter
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
Juice from 1 lemon
Coarse salt and fresh black pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use parchment paper to roll into a log, then freeze until needed.

Steak Sauce

1 T Olive Oil
1 Medium shallot, minced
1/4 c. Brandy
1 T. demi-glace (I used prepared demi from Williams Sonoma)
1 t. Black pepper corns
1 Bay leaf
1 14.5 oz can low sodium beef broth or beef stock
1 small carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 sprig fresh thyme

*1 T unsalted butter

In a sauce pan, saute shallot in oil until translucent. Add Brandy and burn off excess alcohol. Add remaining ingredients (*except the butter) making sure to dissolve the demi in the broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20-30 minutes. Strain sauce through a fine sieve and return to the pan. Bring back to a hot simmer to reduce until you have about 1/2 cup or so of liquid. Turn off the burner and melt in the butter. The sauce should have the consistency of a thin syrup when finished. Plate a tablespoon or so under the steak. This sauce is too flavorful touse like a gravy.

img_587389_1_7b48dde9d69206ecf2b533066ca5ac4c.jpg

that looks wonderful! love the presentation as well!!!

mmmmm steak!

It looks so amazingly juicy and delicious!!!!!

May I please have a small piece?
I'll bring a mushroom and wine sauce and a nice bottle of wine.

Back
Top Bottom