"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 12-24-2005, 03:19 PM   #21
Assistant Cook

I also have a nice 8 lb hunk of angus prime rib waiting in my refrigerator. Thanks for all the great advice on how to prepare it!!

Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #22
Master Chef

Rob and Shmeken; If it weren't for the fact that I've had truly great Prime Rib in my home, and the fact that my beliefs say that you aren't supposed to be envious, or covetous of your neighbor's goods, I'd be real envious right now. The only thing that helps me out is that my youngest sister made the best roasted turkey of her life yesterday, and it went very well with all of deserts we made.

But a 14 lb. prime rib, aged 21-some days, you're pushing the limits of my "don't be envious" abilities there.

If you somehow ruin that roast, I, and a host of others meat lovers from D.C. will surely rain from the sky and proceed to give you such a tongue lashing as a man hasn't received since a guy, who once lived in a beautiful garden, was kicked out by the owner, and his wife layed into him for the next several hundred years (think biblical garden). Oops, I didn't say that.

In all seriousness, you'd better enjoy that roast.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:00 PM   #23
Head Chef

Oh man! Was it ever good. There were only three of us, but we ate almost six pounds of it that nite! All I made was roast and garlic mashed potatoes, no other sides...I had to set the low carb deal aside for the day, but it was worth it.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Huge thanks to Rob & everyone else for their advice. The Prime Rib turned out great! I did make a couple mistakes but I learned a lot.
There was a lot left over from the noon meal. I kept one tray on the steam table (set to low) & 2 uncut roasts wrapped in 2 layers of heavy duty foil in the oven set on Warm, until the evening meal. There wasn't much rare meat when serving time came around. Oh well, at least I know now. On the other side of the coin - the stuff that was in the oven was so flavorful & tender as compared to the rest.

Tags
None