REC: French Onion Salisbury Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I got a free issue of a magazine called Cuisine at Home the other day, and it has some killer recipes in it. This one looked particularly yummy, and we just happened to have some fresh ground sirloin patties that Kim bought at Sam's the other day.
He dredged the patties in a little flour, browned the patties in the skillet with a tablespoon of oil, set them aside on a plate, added 2 cups sliced onions and 1 tsp sugar to the skillet and sauteed for 5 minutes or so. He then added a tablespoon of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, let that saute for a few minutes until the paste started to brown, and added 1 tablespoon of floor. After that cooked a minute, he stirred in 2 cups of chicken broth (it called for beef, but we didn't have any), 1/4 cup of Burgundy wine, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
The meat went back in the pan, and once the "soup" came to a boil, he reduced the heat to medium/low, covered, and let simmer 10 minutes.

The recipe called for serving the patty on parmesan toast, so we did, and it was good, but not really necessary.

We'll definitely be making this again...it was delicious!

Constance, I just recently subscribed to Cuisine at Home (a present from my Mom). It has some wonderful recipes that are interesting and different, but don't require 20 different ingredients that you don't normally have in your pantry. Myself and a couple of friends have made a few of the recipes and have liked them all.

Connie,
this recipe looks great. DH will love it..thanks .

kadesma;)

It is an excellent recipe and idea mag for the foodie. I have made that recipe twice...it is a real keeper! ANd what is nice, it adapts to tweeking your own way.

I've done several from various issues but not a spicy chicken. But none have been duds...try it and report back. I rank Cuisine at home up there with Cooks. All content no adds, no gimmicks. (Some folks also like cooking club of America, but I'm less thrilled with their recipes, and don't find time to mess with freebies that require entering this or that, whatever...just not for me.)

Robo, I didn't care for Cooking Club of America either. Too much fluff and not enough substance. I left after one year. They kept trying to get me to come back by offering all sorts of "sweet" deals, etc., but I didn't bite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom