REC:Grilled Steak Bruschetta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
[size=+2]I have to make this for DH, he will be all over it! He's such a steak and potatoes guy, which I always find a bit funny as he's from Italy (lol, he doesn't even like garlic :LOL: or so he says but I use it in things and he never says a word :ROFLMAO:). I think this recipe would be awesome any time of the year - I'd probably follow it up with a tropical fruit salad or an angel food cake for dessert.
[/size][size=+2]
Grilled Steak Bruschetta

bc0014.gif

[/size]

Prep: 15 min, Cook: 25 min.

• 1-1/4 lbs. boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed, cut 1 inch thick
  • 4 French rolls, 6 inch, crusty
  • 1/3 cup Italian dressing
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 packet Italian dressing mix
  • 2 cups spinach leaves\raw, thinly sliced, tightly packed
  • 1 large tomato\raw, chopped
  • 1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced, tightly packed
Lightly brush cut sides of rolls with dressing. Place rolls, cut sides down, on grid over medium ash-covered coals; grill, uncovered 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.

Turn rolls; sprinkle with cheese. Grill 1-2 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.

Press dressing mix into both sides of beef steak. Place on grid over medium ash-covered coals; grill uncovered 16-20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.

Cook longer for desired doneness. Combine spinach, tomato, and basil; toss.

Place an equal amount on each roll half. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices; arrange over spinach mixture.

Per serving: calories 592, fat 26.7g, 41% calories from fat, cholesterol 138mg, protein 56.4g, carbohydrates 30.8g, fiber 5.6g, sugar 8.1g, sodium 1392mg, diet points 13.4.

Great idea, since I have at least 9-10 people, you know, kids, grandkids and several friends, every Sunday to dinner, I'm always looking for something new and different..This fits the bill:LOL: Thanks for sharing.

kadesma

We had a taste of something wonderful tonight. We met our dd, sil, gd, gs at a cafe not far from home. We all had something different, but while we were eating a hostess brought a tray of a new addition to the menu starting next week - a blackened prime rib with a sauce that contained horseradish (and I can't remember what else). It was so good. She came back when she saw how enthusiastic we were and brought a plate with a lot of it. I think it was better than my dinner, which was a citrus chicken salad with almonds. BTW. printed out the recipe above, it sounds delish!

Back
Top Bottom