Recipe- Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Meatloaf:

2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 lb italian sausage
1/2 lb chopped bacon
4 eggs
1/2 c chopped chives
1/2 c chopped green peppers
1/2 c chopped red onion
8 ounces fresh bread crumbs
4 ounces chopped garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Parchment Paper
Non-Stick Cooking Spray

In a large mixing bowl combine beef, pork, sausage, bacon,peppers, chives, onions, eggs, bread crumbs, olive oil and garlic.

When mixed...spray parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray. Put meat mixture in parchment and roll in to loaf. Bake on sheet at 350 degrees fo about 35-40 minutes.

Allow meatloaf to cool before slicing.

MeatLoaf Stack

Garlic Buttered Grilled Texas Toast
Mashed Potatoes
6 oz Meatloaf
Onion Straws
Topped with Mushroom Gravy

Enjoy!!!

This is really more af a pate', but could be considered a meat loaf as it is cooked in a loaf pan and made from meat. In any case, once you make it, it really opens a whole 'nuther world of meat recipes to your arsenal. You will have ideas just popping in your head.

Chicken and Pork Loaf.

Cut 1 boned boned chicken and a 2 lb. pork roast into long, thin strips, about an inch wide. Finely dice a shole onion and 2 cloves af garlic. Mix the onion and garlic together. Lightly grease the inside edges of a laof pan. Press a single layer of meat strips to cover the pottom and sides of the loaf pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sage, onion and garlic. Alternate layers of pork and chicken, with seasonings and onion/garlic mixture between. Fill loaf pan. Sprinkle top with paprika or bread-crumbs as desired.

Bake at 375 until the thermometer reads 170 degrees. REmove from the oven and either serve hot, or chill in the refrigerator overnight. Slice thin for use in sandwiches.

If you're going to serve hot, you might want to beat an egg and combine with the meat before building the loaf, so all will stick together. If serving cold, elliminate the egg as the gelatin produced by the meat collagen and protiens will hold it all together.

As I said, once you make this once, you will undoubtedly come up with a thousand variations. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya: Goodweed of the North

The bacon strips across the top sounds like a wonderful. And add some grated cheese just shortly before the meat loaf is done.

Goodweed - just curious - why do you consider this a pate? Isn't a pate a creamier/smoother texture - not the texture of meatloaf? Hoping you'll teach me yet another thing today!

I believe I learned this technique from my favorite cookbook - The Joy of Cooking - many years ago. Epecurian.com Dictionary describes a pate' as:

"pâté
[pah-TAY, pa-TAY]
French for "pie," this word — with accent over the "e" — is generally used to refer to various elegant, well-seasoned ground-meat preparations. A pâté can be satiny-smooth and spreadable or, like country pâté, coarsely textured. It can be made from a finely ground or chunky mixture of meats (such as pork, veal, liver or ham), fish, poultry, game, vegetables, etc. Seasonings and fat are usually also included in the mixture, which can be combined before or after cooking. Pâtés may be cooked in a crust, in which case they're referred to as pâté en croûte. They may also be cooked in a pork fat-lined container called a terrine (or any other similarly sized mold), in which case they're called pâté en terrine. Traditional parlance says that when such a mixture is cooked and served in a terrine, the dish is also called a terrine, and when unmolded it becomes a pâté. Today, however, the two terms are often used interchangeably. Pâtés may be hot or cold and are usually served as a first course or appetizer."

My above liste recipe is a bit of a stretch. To make it a true pate', the meat would have to be cut into chunks and mixed together. But you still line the loaf pan, or terrine if you have one, with the pork strips.

In any case, the results can be served hot, or chilled and are great for a main course or appetizers, depending on how they are cut and served.

Hope that helps.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

erik: takes time for me to try different recipes. Sometimes I get by with spaghetti but today I didn't want them to think I had easy day so I tried it. Was easy. The house smells so good! Hope it tastes the same. Really made quite a lot. Since I had package of bacon threw whole thing in there. I won't blame you if it isn't exactly the way your wrote it but we all love bacon so can't hurt. Makes brussel sprouts and hash browns with it. Thanks for the idea. Please feel free to share your recipes again. I just can't believe how easy it was. Thanks.

Erik, here I am. You did good!! Thanks for sharing. Was different than other meatloaf we had. I asked if they could tell what kind of ingredients I had. No one guessed the Italian Sausage. You fooled them. Thankfully, it made a lot. Didn't eat at one sitting. The smell was great. The brussel sprouts kind of spoiled it. Thank you for making our meal so good. Never know until you try them if it will turn out to be something they like. You're the winner.

Back
Top Bottom