recipes for ground beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge....wouldnt that be a Lazy man's Cabbage roll in a way? Bet it tastes good! I had a friends mom make Lazy Man's once and they were awesome, we topped it with sour cream

K Bang I will do this for you tomorrow night...I wanted to do it tonight howrver I already put my spices in with out looking.... :shock: ....will check FIRST next time.......lol...

krollbaby said:
hi guys...do u guys know any recipes for ground beef besides spaghetti and meatballs or burgers?

Stuffed Cabbage....Ok.....here is one.

3 pounds ground chuck
1 head cabbage
4 large potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks(about one inch cubes)
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder(not salt)
Garlic Powder
one small can beef broth

season beef with salt and pepper
Press beef into bottom of very large soup pan..do not just toss the beef into pan. It should be packed firmly
add potatoes
add some more salt and pepper to the potatoes
quarter cabbage....and then cut again..place on top of potatoes
Season cabbage with salt and pepper
add can of broth.
Cover pan with tight lid and heat on medium heat till the top of pan is hot to touch......then simmer for about 30 minutes or till potatoes are cooked and cabbage is soft. Serve with crusty bread.

This is my sons favorite veg. beef soup.

Souper Wheelies
1 small onion
12 ounces lean ground beef or ground turkey
1(14 1/2oz) can beef broth
1(14 1/2oz.) can Italian style stewed tomatoes
1 1/2C. water
1/4C. wagon wheele pasta(ruote)
1C frozen whole kernel corn*
1C frozen cut green beans*
1tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/2tsp. dried oregano, crushed

Cut onion into small pieces. Add onion & ground meat to saucepan & cook until meat is no longer pink, drain & return to pan. Stir beef broth & water into meat. Heat over high heat until mixture begins to boil. Add pasta & reduce heat to medium high. Cook uncovered for 12 minutes, stirring often. Stir in corn, green beans, basil, oregano, & undrained tomatoes. Return to boiling then reduce heat to medium low. Cover & cook for about 10 minutes until vegetabls are tender, stirring occaionaly. Great with corn bread.

*If you like use one 10 ounce package or 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables if place of the frozen corn & green beans.

Pizza Beef Loaf

This recipe is great, especially for people with lots of mouths to feed.

Pizza Beef Loaf

1 lb. hamburger
¼ cup minced onion
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
1 cup fine soft bread crumbs
½ cup milk
½ cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
1 loaf French bread
Cheese slices, cut in half diagonally

Split French bread lengthwise. Mix all together all other ingredients except cheese slices. Top each half of bread with half of the beef mixture. Place on baking sheet. Broil 8� from heat about 10 minutes until beef is cooked. Remove from broiler and cover with cheese slices. Return to broiler for 2-3 minutes longer until cheese melts. Serves 8-10.

Last edited:
We make a dish that's very similar to the Mexican Lasagna posted. We call ours enchilada pie.

Follow the Mexican Lasagna recipe, bur instead of using tomatoes, use enchilada sauce and add sliced black olives to the layers. Sliced mushrooms are another good addition. And you must use fresh corn tortillas.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mexican Volcano

I've copied the ingredient list from my "You Can Be A Great Cook with Beef" cookbook. Hope you like it.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bulk Chorizo (or Italian sausage)
1 tbs. chili powder
1/2 tbs. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh Jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup enchilada sauce, or salsa
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Balderson 2 year old Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 large egg

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the ketchup, Enchilada Sauce, and cheeses. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and plop the meat mixture onto it. Shape into a mountain, complete with a crater on top. Place a meat thermometer into the mountain and cook in a 375' F. oven unti lthe thermometer reads 165' F. Remove from the oven and sop up all greas with paper towels. Then pour the ketchup and enchilada sauce itno the crater after removing the thermometer. Guide some of the sauce in streams to represent flowing lava. Lay on bits of the shredded chees to mimick glowing lava in the overspilled sauce. Return to the oven long enouph to melt the cheese.

Spread a 1/4 inch layer of refrined beans over the remaining pan bottom and place broccoli fowerettes in to represent trees.

Serve and watch your familie's or freind's delight.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, are you related to the Wickedweed of the West?

:LOL:

tancowgirl2000 said:
K Bang I will do this for you tomorrow night...I wanted to do it tonight howrver I already put my spices in with out looking.... :shock: ....will check FIRST next time.......lol...

Still waitin..... ;)

Rainee; Never heard of "Wicked Weed of the West". It's pretty funny though. I do share my real moniker with at least four others that I know of. Have never met any of them.

Didn't a house fall on Wicked Weed? :LOL:

'twould be most interesting, I think.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North.

ok Bang,,,,,need groceries before i do anything....trty me next week...hee hee....the giggle will get me off right......please??? **giggle, giggle**

stop tickling me.......................

Truly the Best Cabbage Rolls
FILLING
1 lb lean ground beef
6 slices cooked bacon
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 green pepper or red pepper (or both)
1 grated carrot
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 egg
1 can diced tomatoes (juice drained and reserved for topping)
1/2 cup uncooked rice (I use basmati)
salt
pepper
CABBAGE
1 large green cabbage
1/2 teaspoon salt (for water to steam cabbage)
Topping
1 can condensed tomato soup

8-10 servings Change size or US/metric | 2 hours 15 minutes 45 mins prep

Change to: servings US Metric
1. -In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with all of the ingredients, except for the cabbage, tomato soup and reserved diced tomato juice.
2. Set aside.
3. -Remove the core from the cabbage.
4. Steam the cabbage over high heat in a large pot to accomodate your cabbage with a about an inch of lightly salted water.
5. I like to rotate my cabbage head so it is steamed evenly.
6. -Gently peel off the leaves and cut out the thick white"veins" to aid in rolling.
7. -Place approx.
8. 1 tablespoon of the filling onto each cabbage leaf and carefully roll them up.
9. Place seam side down in your baking dish.
10. -Cover the cabbage rolls with the tomato soup and tomato juice.
11. -Cover and cook in a 350 degree oven for approx.
12. 1 hour, then remove cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
13. -Serve with sour cream and enjoy.

Made Cooking=Love's Salisbury Steak...

And it was delicious! Our daughter who will be 3 in Feb. loved it as well. We are adding it to our family favorites. :)

The only think I changed was to use powdered bouillion instead of cubed because that's what I had in the pantry.

Thanks Cooking=Love!!

Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole:

1 (12oz) pkg thin spaghetti
1/4 lb bacon, cut in small pieces
1 large onion
1 lb ground beef
2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (4oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese

Preheat oven to 375°. Cook spaghetti; drain. Fry bacon slowly until browned; drain off grease. Add onion and beef; cook until meat is brown. Mix in tomato sauce, salt, italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and mushrooms; simmer 15 minutes. In large bowl, combine sauce and spaghetti.

Place 1/2 of spaghetti mixture in buttered 2-qt casserole. Top with 1/2 of cheddar and 1/2 of provolone cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake for 20-25 min. Serves 8.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom