Ricotta Meatballs - Recipe Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I lost the whole post, so I'll try again & hope it posts.

Food For Thought

While I haven't tried these yet, I liked the combo of Ricotta and meatballs - wanted to share a few ideas.

It haden't occurred to me to combine ricotta and meatballs until I bumped into this recipe. The Ricotta (& Parmesan) are combined, dropped on top of the meatballs & placed under the broiler.

Big Spicy Meatballs

These appealed to me because the Ricotta is mixed in with the meat (pork) and pancetta; and tomatoes (crushed San Marzanos) are roasted w the balls for about two hours. Here are a few different takes.

Pork-and-Ricotta Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (Fennel Seed)

SPAGHETTI WITH RICOTTA MEATBALLS

Last edited:
hmmm, amy, you've given me an idea. what about making a ricotta, herb, and egg mixture, and using it to stuff the meatballs?

i've used mozarella and other cheeses to stuff meatballs, with varied results. ricotta might work well. thanks.

never thought of ricotta in meatballs...my bf loves my meatballs, will see if he likes it with ricotta, thanks :)

stuffing meatballs....that sounds quite tasty

*off topic* i am eating a pear and looking at the pic u set for urself....being a sweettoothed kinda girl my pear has lost any and every appeal lol ur picture on the other hand has my utmost attention... YUM

i guess u could also use that mix and put it in wonton wrappers and make ravs? i bought a bunch of wrappers and didn't get to use them yet..might have to check the date on them :S

Thanks for the ideas/input Buckytom & Rom.

Rom, good to "see" you. Now I have a hankering for pears. You reminded me of pears stuffed w ricotta and chocolate chips. I may need to make a pear & walnut salad (similar to my apple walnut salad) very soon. :)

Another idea - re ricotta MBs - add spinach to the ground veal or pork w the ricotta, pancetta, egg and crumb mixture.

ETA: Another "take" on ricotta meatballs (made with veal and pancetta), are these chicken, ricotta and chili meatballs.

Chicken ricotta meatballs with tomato chilli salsa

Appreciate the suggestions, as I take a little from this recipe and that recipe, and come up with a whole new recipe. ;)

Last edited:
for some reason i feel the need to actually make ricotta from scratch, i found a recipe on epicurious lol...its just one of those things lol i will probably end up with a big lot of BLAh but what the heck -- why not lol

pears stuffed with ricotta? another interesting combination....how do u cook those? in the oven?

i have to stop looking at ur pic...seriously....its 10.13 in the morning.....haven't had breakfast...getting real hungry just looking at it ahahaha

*wheres my SPOON!*

so many recipes....so little time :(

for some reason i feel the need to actually make ricotta from scratch, i found a recipe on epicurious lol...its just one of those things lol i will probably end up with a big lot of BLAh but what the heck -- why not lol

pears stuffed with ricotta? another interesting combination....how do u cook those? in the oven?

i have to stop looking at ur pic...seriously....its 10.13 in the morning.....haven't had breakfast...getting real hungry just looking at it ahahaha

*wheres my SPOON!*

so many recipes....so little time :(

I've never made ricotta from scratch. If you give it a try let us know how it turns out.

The pears stuffed w ricotta don't need to be cooked. (I have a recipe I want to try where the pears are cooked in Port - but that's a whole other recipe.) Will either send you a pm or post my adaptation.

If you do make your own ricotta from scratch, you can make cannoli (whoo-hoo), or a yummy recipe I recall from WS for ricotta pesto. (Have to look it up again.) Have recipes for chocolate-filled and pumpkin-filled cannolli - from memory- mascarpone mixed w ricotta). If you are interested, I can give you a couple of links. Same here, so many recipes, & so little time to cook.

Yeah, my avatar makes me hungry too. Bring a big virtual spoon & I'll split it with you. :LOL:

Last edited:
I was going to make it last nite, then my bf is like come sit with me and then we almost
fell asleep LOL...SOOO TONIGHT i will make ricotta hahahah. If i make it i will tell u how it goes.

pears in port...that sounds REALLY good..i love a good port!~
my mum makes pears cooked in wine with cinnamon and cloves, i think there is sugar but i am not sure..oh mannnnnn YUM pour it over ice cream..oh yeahhh

ricotta cannoli have never had those before...hey links would be great i love trying new stuff!!! its just that thing called time...i don't have much of LOL - there is a commercial on the tv hehehe they are bidding on 26mins, it went into the thousands lol.

mmm cannoli filled with homemade custard (with a bit of baileys or something mixed in it) and fresh cream at the ends mmm (sorry u just made me think of them LOL)

funny u mention ricotta pesto, i think i just sent myself a recipe for that from epicurious..um whats WS?

i really need to stop reading this site when i get to work lol (my IT guy is going to block this site soon i can just tell :( ) i didn't have breakfast yet and it just makes me hungry as...and there ur pic goes again. actually i made choc chip muffins..will go and put them in the microwave to make them all nice and hot and soft

I was going to make it last nite, then my bf is like come sit with me and then we almost
fell asleep LOL...SOOO TONIGHT i will make ricotta hahahah. If i make it i will tell u how it goes.

pears in port...that sounds REALLY good..i love a good port!~
my mum makes pears cooked in wine with cinnamon and cloves, i think there is sugar but i am not sure..oh mannnnnn YUM pour it over ice cream..oh yeahhh

ricotta cannoli have never had those before...hey links would be great i love trying new stuff!!! its just that thing called time...i don't have much of LOL - there is a commercial on the tv hehehe they are bidding on 26mins, it went into the thousands lol.

mmm cannoli filled with homemade custard (with a bit of baileys or something mixed in it) and fresh cream at the ends mmm (sorry u just made me think of them LOL)

funny u mention ricotta pesto, i think i just sent myself a recipe for that from epicurious..um whats WS?

i really need to stop reading this site when i get to work lol (my IT guy is going to block this site soon i can just tell :( ) i didn't have breakfast yet and it just makes me hungry as...and there ur pic goes again. actually i made choc chip muffins..will go and put them in the microwave to make them all nice and hot and soft

Say Cheese. :) Sent you a pm.

Back
Top Bottom