Round Steak for Steak Fajitas/Burritos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
Sorry i meant for steak burritos sorry :).

Good Evening everyone. I got a pretty simple question. I have been googling for it and have not yet found a good answer. The question is if round steak is tender enough for steak burritos/tacos/ect... . I would think it would be a little to tough by maybe i'm wrong. It seems like plenty of recipes on the net use round steak.

The el primo meat for steak burritos is probably flank steak but it is way way to expensive in my area. Flank steak is more than a fine ribeye. The last time i bought it i payed $13.00 for a slab a little more than a pound. Skirt steak would also probably be a good substituion but way way to hard to find. Once in a blue moon i will see skirt steak for sale but not very often. If round steak is going to be to tough maybe the only good substitute would be sirlion steak. Even the steak products at some place like taco bell are pretty tender and i'm sure they don't spend a lot of money on an expensive piece of meet.

thanks,
Ncage

Edit: This question was mainly geared toward cooking the steak inside but what if you want to grill it. Will it still be tender enough?

Sorry i meant for steak burritos sorry :).

Good Evening everyone. I got a pretty simple question. I have been googling for it and have not yet found a good answer. The question is if round steak is tender enough for steak burritos/tacos/ect... . I would think it would be a little to tough by maybe i'm wrong. It seems like plenty of recipes on the net use round steak.

The el primo meat for steak burritos is probably flank steak but it is way way to expensive in my area. Flank steak is more than a fine ribeye. The last time i bought it i payed $13.00 for a slab a little more than a pound. Skirt steak would also probably be a good substituion but way way to hard to find. Once in a blue moon i will see skirt steak for sale but not very often. If round steak is going to be to tough maybe the only good substitute would be sirlion steak. Even the steak products at some place like taco bell are pretty tender and i'm sure they don't spend a lot of money on an expensive piece of meet.

thanks,
Ncage

Edit: This question was mainly geared toward cooking the steak inside but what if you want to grill it. Will it still be tender enough?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm my Steak Fajitas recipe calls for flank or skirt. i only use round for braciole which i pound thin then brown and then simmered in sauce till tender. is that the round you are talking about? sirloin is tender and flavorful (is it expensive by you?) i use sirloin for stir fry and doesn't need much cooking and is tender. sorry i am not much help.

Back
Top Bottom