Searching for the perfect side dish to Filet Mignon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy Girl

Assistant Cook
I'm preparing a birthday dinner for my sweetie this Thursday, and I need some suggestions for good side dishes. The main course will be bacon-wrapped filet mignon, and one side dish will be garlic mashed potatoes with slices of prosciuto (sp?) mixed in. I'm contemplating stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer. My problem is coming up with a veggie side dish. I'm thinking something with green beans, but I am completely open to any and all suggestions. Please reply soon so I can get everything together in time! Thanks much!

Well Daisy, I was going to suggest this recipe but it also has Prosciutto in it - but I'll post it anyway - you may decide to leave it out of the mashed potatoes. I LOVE to cook some carrots in with my potatoes and mash them in with the potatoes - great color and great flavor.

Here is the asparagus recipe - Proscuitto-Wrapped Asparagus W/Goat Cheese

1 clove garlic
1 TBS chopped chives
3 tsp red-wine vinegar
½ TBS Dijon mustard

Spread piece of prosciutto with goat cheese, then cut in half and wrap 3-5 pieces of blanched asparagus (depending on size) with the ½ piece of prosciutto. Place in a single layer on a plate and pour sauce over proscuitto and serve.

I also thought about some roasted veggies - something simple like carrots, shallots, and broccoli - if you need instructions on roasting just hollar.

I'll keep thinking!!

The asparagus sounds awesome, elf! Thank you so much! It's perfect! I'll just leave the prosciutto out of the potatoes.

Glad you liked the recipe Daisy! If you can get the prosciutto freshly sliced see if they can slice it VERY thin and put paper in between each slice.

Then slather goat cheese on one whole slice then cut in half so you can roll two different bundles.

The pre-packaged proscuitto sometimes doesn't taste quite the same as freshly sliced but if that's all you can get it will still be great!!!

Back
Top Bottom