Shoulder Beef Tenderloin??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I saw this in our local supermarket the other day. I have never heard of it. I t was shrink wrapped and, at first, I thought it was a pkg. of pork tenderloins. I comes either plain or pre-seasoned.

Has anyone ever seen this? Do you think it would be tender? How would you cook it?

My grocery store offers this item. When you open it there are actually 3 pieces of meat included. I do a "low and slow" on my Egg with it and slice it up.

At first I thought it would be more like a pork tenderloin. The seperate pieces cook up really well though and works well if you have one person who prefers rare and one person who wants it well done. I prefer the peppercorn flavored. Add a little steak sauce and YUMMMY!!!

Check out the thread titled:

"Petite Shoulder Tender"

Andy, as usual, you da man!:chef:

This cut of meat is called by several names such as clod steak, petite steak, mock tenderloin, etc. It is the second most tender cut of meat on the carcass, after the tenderloin. It has great marbling which adds both flavor and great texture, and a line of gristle running down the center. Just cut the gristle out of the meat after cooking and you have small, but tasty steaks. The meat is sometimes bland in flavor, which is unusual for a shoulder cut, and so needs to be seasoned carefully to avoid overpowering the natural meat flavor. But when done properly (does anyone hear grill, Grill The Steak!) the petite steak is very good. And best of all, it's inexpensive to boot.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom