St. Patty's Day fare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
auntdot said:
I love St. Patrick's Day. I look forward to the boiled corned beef and veggies. I love the stuff.

When I mentioned it this year the eyes kinda glazed over. The only enthusiast for the menu was yours truly.

Not wishing to force feed food that some find ho-hum, I would like to jazz it up a bit.
Aunt Dot,

You could put them all outside, lock the doors, and say, "Go find your own food, I'm eating this!" :LOL: As for the Reuben sandwich not being Irish, just tell them it was named for Reuben O'Boyle. :cool:

Good luck with your dinner. I am sure looking forward to ours!

:) Barbara

Last edited:
"Brussels Sprouts Pancakes" - sounds as good as Brussels Sprout Hash!!

and this one - "Oysters, Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta Gratin" how good does that sound!!! Thanks for the link.

cjs said:
"Brussels Sprouts Pancakes" - sounds as good as Brussels Sprout Hash!!

and this one - "Oysters, Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta Gratin" how good does that sound!!! Thanks for the link.

Your welcome, cjs ;) Another 'sprouts' recipe I like & think would pair well w CB:

Martha Stewart - Brussels Sprouts with Vinegar Glazed Red Onions

Sounds like an interesting dish. Can you share the recipe with us? (Don't care for oysters, but maybe I could use clams & serve w linguine for another meal idea.) TIA

So... my menu idea

An appy I've made before (w cocktails): Pillsbury.com: True Blue Cocktail Bites

Cocktail Bites

CB braised in Guinness with horseradish sauce

Roasted baby carrots & dill

Potato pancakes

Brussels sprouts w vinegar glazed red onions

Soda bread or pumpernickle

Key lime pie

Last edited:
mish said:
Your welcome, cjs ;) Another 'sprouts' recipe I like & think would pair well w CB:

Martha Stewart - Brussels Sprouts with Vinegar Glazed Red Onions

Sounds like an interesting dish. Can you share the recipe with us? (Don't care for oysters, but maybe I could use clams & serve w linguine for another meal idea.) TIA

So... my menu idea

An appy I've made before (w cocktails): Pillsbury.com: True Blue Cocktail Bites

Cocktail Bites

CB braised in Guinness with horseradish sauce

Roasted baby carrots & dill

Potato pancakes

Brussels sprouts w vinegar glazed red onions

Soda bread or pumpernickle

Key lime pie

Have canceled all plans...Gased up and headed to Miss Mish's house for St. Paddy's dinner..Have to go now...as it is a long drive..:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom