Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gents,
Steak Diane, is quite an heirloom ... My Swiss French Mom Eva used to prepare this elegant dish many many years ago ... Here is her recipe:
STEAK DIANE FOR TWO ...
2 FILET MIGNON ( 4 OZ. EACH )
1 1/2 OZ. CLARIFIED BUTTER
1 TSP. DIJON MUSTARD
2 MUSHROOMS OF CHOICE SLICED
1 TSP. SHALLOTS MINCED
1/4 TSP. GARLIC MINCED
1/2 OF A LEMON: JUICE
1 TSP. FRESH PARSLEY
1 OZ. BRANDY
3 OZ. BORDELAISE SAUCE
1 OZ. HEAVY CREAM
*** CLARIFIED BUTTER ...
butter that has been melted and chilled ... the solid is then lifted away from the liquid and discarded ... clarification raises the smoke point of butter ... clarified butter will stay fresh in refrigerator longer ...
1. Pound each filet to 1/2 inch thickness
2. heat pan to medium high and add butter
3. season steak with dijon mustard and place in pan
4. add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to pan keeping separate from steaks
5. after 2 mins, turn steaks over
6. squeeze lemon and add parsley to mushrooms
7. add brandy and flambée
8. add sauce and the cream and let reduce
9. remove the steaks from pan
10. spoon sauce and mushrooms over the steaks
*** Serve with a wonderful Red wine or Cava Rosé and crusty French style Baguette ...