Steak in a pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well - all I can say is that they always come out terrific, & darn juicy enough for me, regardless of what the "experts" say! :chef:

I am very happy they come out that great. Mine do too using the same method you do. It has nothing to do with what the experts say though. They are not saying that your steak will be dry if you cook them this way. They are just saying that it does not seal the juices in. You can still have an incredibly juicy steak using a searing method as both you and I have seen first hand. Hmmm all this talk of steak, I think I know what I am having for dinner.

I usually do my steaks indoors, dragging out the grill for just the two of us is a bit too much.

The thing is, my method takes a bit of time... Which is a good thing because I usually cook baked potatoes with them.

I season the steaks (usually pretty thick cut, and I've used Strip, Porterhouse, and T-bone) and sear them in a non-stick fry pan over high heat, about a minuite on each side, and 30 seconds on the edges. Once seared I put them on a rack on a sheet pan, and toss them in a 375 degree oven (with the potatoes having been in for about 30 minutes already). They spend between 30 and 45 minutes in the oven. Once done, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom