"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 06-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Steaks

8) How do you like your steak cooked?? For me, put it on turn it over get the plate it is done. Wait I think I hear it still mooing :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Served with grilled onions and mushrooms and a salad.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Re: Steaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvacwife
8) How do you like your steak cooked?? For me, put it on turn it over get the plate it is done. Wait I think I hear it still mooing :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Served with grilled onions and mushrooms and a salad.
Thick-cut, medium-rare, and with just one twist each from the black pepper and sea salt grinders. Served with some nice thick french fries.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Head Chef

Hey a little moo is not profane! I like them best the way my DH cooks them - perfectly - it should be a hanging offense to overcook good beef!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I enjoy my steaks rare. Slightly salted with fresh cracked pepper. I usually like it cooked on a grill with cherry wood smoke as the flavor. :D
Old 06-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I like mine thick, and I like them red to dark pink inside, but brown on the outside. In a restaurant I order medium. Usually I get what I want, although some do cook it a little more than I like. I come from a family who liked all their meat well done, so I was always the odd one! To get a thick steak around here, we have to go twenty miles to Monroe, NC. Here in Pageland the few restaurants that have steak seem to just serve paper-thin steaks.

:) Barbara
Old 06-28-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Steak is notoriously poor quality in England, and unless you go to top restuarants, usually quite thin. Often you are asked how you would like your steak, and this wafer thin piece of meat is presented, and you just wonder why they bother asking. It's never going to be anything other than well done.

I too love my steaks charred on the outside and pink (well red) on the inside. It's got to moo and there must be blood!!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to RAYT721
Where's The Beef???

I like rare to medium-rare!!! Pass the A-1 Sauce, please!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #8
Executive Chef

My favorite steak...

Cut: Rib-eye
Marinade: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Crushed Garlic, Minced Rosemary and Thyme
Seasoning: Rock Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
Method: Grilled
Doneness: Medium Rare

...Perfect every time
Old 06-28-2004, 11:42 PM   #9

As I age, I find myself liking it cooked a little more (still preferring thick steaks!)...I am now up to medium rare...

I prep my steak WAYYY more than you guys...

Marinate it in a mix of olive oil, rice wine vinegar, a dash of basalmic vinegar, a couple tbsp of minced garlic and a goodly shot of Worcestshire (if I'm BBQ'ing I'll stir in a shot or two of hickory BBQ sauce)(and I prefer mesquite chips for smoke, with beef)

The fresh cracked pepper burns, so I put it on as I take the meat off...prefer Kosher Salrt to Sea Salt, but put that on as it goes on the grill...

Quartered Vidalia onion on skewers, sprayed with olive oil and frosted with seasoning salt, then broiled or BBQ'd alongside the steak...

Washed, de-stemmed and thinly sliced mushrooms, gently and slowly sauteed with olive oil, minced garlic, soya sauce and worcestshire

Fresh washed skinny asparagus, tossed on the BBQ grill and "painted" with a mix of melted margerine and lemon juice, with the grill hot enough to briefly char them, then pulled off while they still have some "crunch"...

And call me a traditionalist, but I still gotta go with that baked russet potato, sour cream chives and fresh fried bacon bits, perhaps even drizzled with melted cheddar...
Old 06-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #10
Everymom

When someone asks my husband how would he like his steak cooked his reply is always "yes, please!" He is such a kidder. You all were making me drool with your talk of steak. I am with ironchef though, although my favourite is a rib steak. Yum.

Tags
None