Stuffed meatloaf!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
OK--here is a new one that is down right tasty!!!!

Stuffed meatloaf. I didn't cook it, but I did eat it!!!
Basically you make your regular meatloaf (beef, bread crumbs/crackers egg ketchup etc).

Smash it out flat, lay mozzarella cheese and thinly sliced ham in the middle, roll up like a jelly roll and bake.

Pretty tasty!!!! Definitely a change from the regular meatloaf.

I think if I was going to bake it I might add some marinara sauce and have kind of a meatloaf/ham meat pizza roll....

Yes, yes, it is nice with the eggs!
You can add sausage rings with them too.
I know, I'm weird, but never make meatloaf from beef, only pork.
And no breadcrumbs or ketchup either.
Soak a slice or two of stale bread in milk and squeeze/ crumble it in. Onions, garlic, fresh herbs, beaten eggs. But, cover the outside with the breadcrumbs!
Also, we make the same mixture into patties too, again, rolled in crumbs then fried.
Didn't mean to highjack the thread.
The mozz/ham sounds very good, next time I will make it this way.
Thanks!

I did the meatloaf with the whole hard boiled eggs hidden in the middle years ago. It wasn't very good or impressive so I won't be doing that again. Remembering the dh said nothing at all when eating, not a good sign..........
I love the idea of the mozzarella cheese though, that may be what I end up doing for tonight

Another nice "stuffing" for meatloaf is ricotta cheese mixed with oregano, garlic, etc., etc. Just put down a layer of meat, then a layer of the cheese mixture, then a top layer of meat. Almost like a meatloaf lasagna.

Yup - I've done that too. Have also added lots of freshly ground parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes - when I make it it's always a sort of a free-for-all as to what I feel like adding at the moment. Meatloaf is like that. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom