Tatt Style "Bourguignon"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TATTRAT

The Dude Abides
Moderator Emeritus
I didn't document the whole thing as I was feeling like 8 different types of butt this day, but meat was prepped, I had company coming over, so I had to make it. From what I understand, it came out well (I didn't eat).

Marinated sirloin tips, dredged in flour, browned in a saute pan. Into the stew pot on a bed of WELL caramelized onions, added 4 bay leafs, 3 sprigs of rosemary, about half a clove of garlic. 3/4 of a bottle of decent Red, I used Seven Deadly Zin, let it reduce down by about 1/2, then re-hydrate with some good beef stock. . . or canned/boxed, whatever you have.

My adaptation of Beef Bourguignon. . . NO Mushrooms ( I don't care for them), didn't have Pearl Onions so I caramelized my own Maui Sweets . I used Diced Tomatoes for some richness and filler, while everything stewed down. Redskin Mashed Potatoes. The Garlic and rosemary were enough to where the potatoes were just a substrate for all of the richness.

8052794257_b5ca302cbc_b.jpg

The Meat: Fork tender, rich and melt in your mouth. The carrots, still with some crunch. The sauce, the "gravy" alone is worth making this dish. Leftovers over a piece of toasted white bread, and a sunny side up egg makes for a GREAT breakfast. . . so long as you want to go back to bed for a bit.

Any questions on this one, just ask. Sorry for it not being a more thorough post.

***EDIT**

This is a GREAT preparation for beef short ribs too, if you want something a little more fatty, and umptuious. The gelatin from the bones makes for a wonderful mouth feel, the meat well marbled is RICH in flavor, and it just melts in your mouth.

Last edited:
That looks excellent! I can almost smell it...where is our "Smell'o'vision"?

Sorry you are feeling like so much butt...get some rest and quit pushing it! You don't want me to go all nurse on you!

That looks excellent! I can almost smell it...where is our "Smell'o'vision"?

Sorry you are feeling like so much butt...get some rest and quit pushing it! You don't want me to go all nurse on you!

Oh hon, this is from like a week ago. . I am feeling MUCH better now, not 100%, but much better by comparison. I had just pushed to hard that week and my body was fighting back. Coupled with getting back on my "Big C" Drugs, I was just rough.

I just didn't want to let my buddies down that were coming to see me, and I had a friend in town from the Beach, so it was just a matter of sucking it up, and getting it done. Next time, should the situation arise, I am going to CXL, or order take out.

Oh hon, this is from like a week ago. . I am feeling MUCH better now, not 100%, but much better by comparison. I had just pushed to hard that week and my body was fighting back. Coupled with getting back on my "Big C" Drugs, I was just rough.

I just didn't want to let my buddies down that were coming to see me, and I had a friend in town from the Beach, so it was just a matter of sucking it up, and getting it done. Next time, should the situation arise, I am going to CXL, or order take out.

Okay, nurse hackles have gone down...:angel: I'll go back to picking on a school district in Wyoming! MUAH!:)

Looks yummy. How long do you stew the meat?

Depending on the size of the cut, any where from an hour and a half to 4 hours. The longer, the more tender. Just keep an eye on the fluid levels, you don't really want to over reduce it, but if you do, just hit it with some h2o and bring it back up.

Depending on the size of the cut, any where from an hour and a half to 4 hours. The longer, the more tender. Just keep an eye on the fluid levels, you don't really want to over reduce it, but if you do, just hit it with some h2o and bring it back up.
Thanks. I will probably give this a try. Stirling isn't fond of mushrooms either.

How long do you figure for the carrots?

Last edited:
What "cut" of beef do you like for this?

I've never seen " Sirloin Tips" around here..

we get Sirloin Steak, Sirloin Roast..

or Chuck Roast..

The Sirloin is a bit too lean for me, but the Chuck takes much longer to cook 'till Tender..

Eric. Austin Tx.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom