The price of beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
The more expensive cuts of beef have been dirt cheap here lately...we've bought a whole boneless ribeye for $3.99 a lb, and now they have tenderloins on sale for $5.99, which is unheard of! We're going to buy at least one of those when we go shopping tomorrow.
This is Black Angus, choice beef, very tender.

I'm not sure what the deal is...whether they just can't move the expensive cuts in this economy, or what. Beef in general certainly isn't any cheaper. Ground chuck is going for $2.69 a pound on sale.
Whatever the reason, we're taking advantage of it. When you can get ribeyes as cheap as bologna, I say go for it!

please tell me again what real beef tastes like...........have not had it in so long that I've forgotten............here...........it's really hard sometimes to figure out what cut of beef or chicken for that matter you have to begin with........I've learned to pat my thighs, butt, and well, you know..........and look at the meat cutters for verification (I'm talking about patting myself not the chicken or the beef).......they think that I'm so funny...........if they only knew my true visualizations with the cleavers...................:):)they'd be scared........

Just got back from food shopping. Beef Tenderloin is on sale for 5.99 lb but we didn't buy any, because I wait til it is 4.99 lb .

Last Saturday at Costco they had whole tenderloins for $6.49 per pound. They also had fully trimmed, silver skin and side muscle removed for $9.99. Both excellent prices.

Wow, you people are lucky. Kosher industry is going carzy with prices, due to virtual shut down of one of the major, main beef supplier, due to the fact of INS raid and cutting a whole bunch of illigal working ther. The company is in troble. But in the end the consumer is suffaring. The ground meat is nearly $7. it's just crazy, I'm eating chicken only.

But I have to say tenderloin sounds darn good just about know.

The last time that I bought beef tenderloin was on Valentine's Day. It was on sale for $5.99/lb, so I bought enough for about 8 steak dinners. :) We love it. I just figured that they had marked it down to lure in the shoppers who would also buy all the other pricey Valentine's dinner fixings (which were not on sale)---jumbo shrimp, scallops, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. Ha! Fooled them, I only bought the meat! :-p

I can find 80/20 ground meat on sale for $1.99/lb, but most red meat around here is very pricey. So................we tend to cluck a lot at our house! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom