TNT - Best Burger Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
The Best Burger Recipe

1 lb good quality lean ground meat
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
2–3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon horseradish (optional but good)

1. Chop garlic cloves on wooden surface then put in mortar and pestle.
2. Add salt and olive oil and make a paste.
3. Add this to the meat along with the Worcestershire and horseradish.
4. Mix everything and adjust ingredients to suit your taste.

The only complaint I have gotten about this recipe is that there is not enough salt. However, I failed to mention in it that I salt the burgers when they are on the bun too. I like provolone cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

The perfect summer meal to me is my Mom's Macaroni Salad with the burgers at the following link -

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586Mom's Macaroni Salad

Last edited:
LOL I just noticed how long ago you posted that recipe! Thanks for bringing it out again Mark--it looks good!

:) Barbara

I love it when these old posts pop up. This one says it was posted in 2003! lol

Barbara L said:
LOL I just noticed how long ago you posted that recipe! Thanks for bringing it out again Mark--it looks good!

:) Barbara
LOL! I had to dig deep for that one.:LOL:

Kitchenelf will be proud of me.:mrgreen:

HAHA, Kitchenelf, it's the recipe you gave me for my monster burger, but from the past! You must have mastered it by now, as you gave me pretty good tips in my post. You upped the ingredients bigtime from that original recipe, for 1 lb of meat :D.

Andy M. said:
I think I'll give this "heirloom" recipe a try. Sadly, the link no longer works.

lol MJ - I went and fixed it too!! I didn't read far enough - sorry.

This really is a great recipe - Yes, I did up the ingredients - I realized one time how good it was when the meat was really flavored with everything! It's much better with more horseradish and Worcestershire - probably for 1 lb. of beef I will use 2-3 TBS horseradish and 5-6TBS Worcestershire now.

Last edited:
I'd never have thought of putting Olive oil in burgers, going to try it though!
Not to sure about the horseradish though.

The olive oil keeps the burgers nice and moist and adds a subtle flavor depending on what olive oil you use. If you like horseradish add it, you won't regret it. Don't be afraid to add a bunch as a little won't give off any flavor. The flavor of the horseradish becomes substantially more subtle when cooked. If you don't like them I'll come pick them up and eat the rest!!!! ;-)

Aw heck - I just saw you were in North Carolina - I really MAY be able to come pick them up!!!!!!

kitchenelf said:
The olive oil keeps the burgers nice and moist and adds a subtle flavor depending on what olive oil you use. If you like horseradish add it, you won't regret it. Don't be afraid to add a bunch as a little won't give off any flavor. The flavor of the horseradish becomes substantially more subtle when cooked. If you don't like them I'll come pick them up and eat the rest!!!! ;-)
kitchenelf, do you use the grated horseradish or the creamy kind? I prefer the grated. Thanks for the recipe.

I have used both Sierra Cook - I prefer the grated too but if all you have is the creamy and you want a burger then it's still better than no horseradish!!! lol

RMS - I really hope you hate them :mrgreen: :-p

Back
Top Bottom