Trying Another Roast- Tri Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
suzyQ3 said:
My legs big, I wouldn't say that the differences in cuts of meat and how they cook are purely subjective. But our tastes and our preferences certainly are. I would politely remind you, though, that when you ask for advice, as you've done here and previously in great detail, that you should expect honest answers meant only to be helpful. If you disagree with the answers and the advice, sometimes a courteous "thank you" is the better reply.
in every post i have ever asked for advice, i thank the people giving me advice...if i don't, i'd like you to point out where i don't thank people

As for subjective, the initial response i got on why a tri tip wouldn't work for a pot roast, was because it was too lean and didnt have the connective tissue, which would make for a dried out roast. My roast did not come out dried out, it came out tender and delicious.

also, the question i asked, was how to change the cooking time, in that this cut of meat was leaner, and weighed less, than the 3lb chuck i used before. so my advice asked was on how to modify that. i wasn't asking if it was possible to make a roast out of a tri tip, or asking for another suggestion of meat to use as a pot roast. especially considering i had already paid for the roast.

it was being implied that tri-tip should not be used for pot roast, when my butcher mike, a man who has ran his butchershop pete's fine meats here in houston for god knows how many years, said a tri tip would go fine for a pot roast.

My only point is a tri tip can make a delicious pot roast.

i simply respectfully disagree. i'm not being rude or anything, just offering my personal experience.

"If you disagree with the answers and the advice, sometimes a courteous "thank you" is the better reply."

I disagree. If i disagree with advice or question it, why would i not want to gather more information or ask *why* rather than just say thank you and brush the issue aside? I'm here to learn. If i disagree with something i'm not just going to smile and nod, im going to ask for an explanation or explain why i disagree

again, i'm not being rude.... i just like things clarified

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom