What Can I Do With Leftover Meatloaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Robo410 said:
meatloaf sandwiches come in every variety...classics are mentioned above ... do it gourmet with an herb aioli and micro greens with a slice of swiss, or go all american with a hot grinder...chunk meatloaf, put in sub roll, top with spicy tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and broil till gooey! yum

This sounds great I actually from the left overs but will try this
when I thaw it out.

middie said:
Cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup and mayo.
Isn't there some kind of law that says you HAVE
to eat these ????

yes, of course, mids. See my post slightly above yours.
You and I must be the only ones obeying the law.

Add to spaghetti sauce and serve over pasta.

Sometimes at my house, it is funny how meals come about. Last night, I had not planned to serve spaghetti with sauce..........but I had been in a dire need of at least two wide mouthed quart jars. Not having any empty ones, I opened two quarts of pizza/spaghetti sauce to free up the needed jars. So I now had a half gallon of sauce in the frig. I cooked up some tri colored spirals and heated up some of the sauce and was thinking I sure would like to have some meatballs for this dish. I happened to have two slices of leftover meatloaf in the frig, so that did the trick.
Now, today, I finally got around to messing with the pork loin roast stock that had been loitering in the frig. I am making a lentil soup with most of it, and freezing almost a quart of the stock. I had thawed some homemade goat/pork sausage for the lentil soup. When I cooked that up, I saved back some of the sausage to add to the final meal with the spaghetti sauce. I used the bulk of the spaghetti sauce in the lentil soup, for the tomato product that most of my lentil soup recipes call for. So it looks like I can use up the half gallon of tomato sauce in a timely manner, and the lentil soup looks incredible. I had not anticipated the kick I would get in the pork stock from the rub I had put on the roast. Some of my best meals have come together from combining various leftovers.

mudbug said:
yes, of course, mids. See my post slightly above yours.
You and I must be the only ones obeying the law.

Need to throw my mom in there then too cause she's the one who told me :LOL:

I Am There With The Sanwhiches....OR MAYBE USE AS THE MEAT IN SPAGHETTI OR OTHER PASTA DISHES CALLING FOR HAMBURGER, OR USE FOR GOULASH...

make chili

Sautee some onions and green peppers in a stockpot with some thyme and oregano. Add a can of choppped tomatoes, some red wine and then crumble the meatloaf into the pan. Add chili powder and cumin to taste. Add some chopped jalepenos, salt and pepper, also to taste. Let it simmer about half an hour, stirring ocassionally.

I love cold meatloaf sandwiches with mayo, lettuce and onion, on Wonder Bread. I guess it's a comfort food to me.

But I will definately try the Texas Toast, meatloaf, mashed potatos and gravy dinner....might as well toss some onion rings in the fryer.

Grilled Meatloaf Sandwiches

Proceed as if you were making grilled cheese sandwiches but spread catsup on your breadslices, sliced meatloaf, then spread butter on the outside of the slices and grill. Delicious

Left over Meat Loaf

Actually, very interesting question because I have some leftover meatloaf and have been enjoying some great sandwiches. But what about this. Any ideas on slicing the meatloaf then sauteing with a bit of butter and flour then adding au jus and sliced mushrooms. I'm thinking could it possibly be transformed into a salisbury steak?

Bar-b-que it in a skillet!! Mix up ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, green pepper, onion to make a fast bbq sauce, put the slices in a skillet and pour the mixture over the top and heat....

You can also put them on the grill and baste with bbq sauce.

My favorite though is cold sandwiches with mustard..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom