What can I do with Round Steak, Peppers, Mushrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mm, reduce the wine until it starts to become visibly thickened, like when it starts to run off the back of a spoon slower than if it were just liquid wine. the amount of time depends on how large the pan is to allow it to evaporate.
then add the butter to finish the sauce.

i would say only about 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. i'm only guessing tho; when ever i make steaks, i go by how it feels to tell when it's done. just keep poking it and when it begins to firm, it's going from rare to medium. completely firm is well done, of course. i would cook this medium or just slightlt past that, but not well done so it doesn't get too tough. pounding will tenderize it, but overcooking will toughen it back up.

For me, round steak means roulaide or rouladden.

Ingredients:
1 onion.
8 oz. sliced shrooms
2 cups of your favorite bread dressing (stuffing)
Round Steak
Truffle Oil
Butter
1/2 cup egg wash
1 cup whole wheat or white flour (I preffer the whole wheat)
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Sweat the onions in hot butter until they are lightly softened. Mix them into your dressing. While the onions are sweating, lightly saute the shrooms in the olive oil, then add to the dressing. Next, pound the meat with a smooth mallet, until very thin, to an even thickness. Rub with just enough truffle oil to moisten the meat surface. Season both sides with salt & pepper. Dip int the egg wash to coat and then dredge in the flour. Shake off extra flour.

Lay the meat flat and coat one side with the dressing. Jelly roll the meat, with the dressing and tie off with baker's twine. Roast on a shallow pan at 400 degrees F. for 45 minutes, or until a meat termometer reads 150 degrees. Remove from the oven and serve with a good salad.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

pastie making foo

if it stands still long enough I will wrap it up in dough and call it a pasty

but round steak does Scream pasty to me ......green onions and mushrooms are a lil unusual but if u had some taters and onions u r hooked!!

but I am sure goodweed knows this and I am about a day late and more than a dollar short AS USUAL

sorry I aint been around alot Sup ???:LOL:

This may not sound like a gourmet recipe, but it's easy and delicious.

Cut a round steak into serving sized pieces. Season with S&P, and place in sprayed baking dish. Season potato quarters and baby carrots lightly with S&P, and place in dish with meat. You may also add thinly sliced onions and a bit of diced garlic.
Sprinkle the top with a couple tablespoons of flour, spread a small can of tomato sauce over the top, cover tightly with foil, and cook in 350 oven until all is fork tender...about an hour.

It's easy and delicious. If you try this method, I think you'll find that the browning step is superfilous.

bubba_sybo said:
if it stands still long enough I will wrap it up in dough and call it a pasty

but round steak does Scream pasty to me ......green onions and mushrooms are a lil unusual but if u had some taters and onions u r hooked!!

but I am sure goodweed knows this and I am about a day late and more than a dollar short AS USUAL

sorry I aint been around alot Sup ???:LOL:

But ya gotta add diced rutabega and butter to the filling mix. Otherwise, it's just a strange caldone.:LOL:

Yooper Country, home of the pastie.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed opf the North

Fooey. I'm late to the party Michele. Maybe for next time:

A great big Philly cheese steak hoagie - steak, peppers, shrooms, onions with melted cheddar or provalone.

PIZZA! - thin slices of steak, peppers, shrooms, onions & mozzarella.

Steak salad - steak, peppers, shrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes on a bed of greens with dressing.

Steak Pizziola - Sliced steak, mushrooms, onions, provolone cheese & tomato sauce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom