What do these restaurants do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you cook grass-fed beef any differently? I'm asking because there is a local farmer who sells it "by the cow" a few times a year. Several women I know are looking to go in together on a cow. The ones that have purchased before said the same thing you did - that the meat has a different taste, one she considers superior. But she said you have to be careful to cook it right.

I cook it the same way I have always cooked beef. But I also do not cook it well done.
I was taught in college by my instructors that CAB is really somewhere inbetween USDA Choice and USDA Prime.
Allen, there is no FDA classification between USDA Choice and USDA Prime. All beef is either one or the other (or less). The fact that it is Angus doesn't exempt it. The Angus beef can be either one, but nothing in between.

College Cook makes a lot of good points. With all things being considered (proper seasoning, proper handling/care of the meat, etc.), a prime cut SHOULD taste better than a choice cut.

With that being said, the best steak that I've ever had was at Craftsteak in Las Vegas. They also had some of the best side dishes that I've ever had. Tom Colicchio definitely knows what he's doing with food.

:: craftsteak dinner menu ::

Back
Top Bottom