What do you put on your hamburgers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
Hi all, this may have been discussed before - sorry if that's the case :) Kimbaby's post about hamburger uses got me thinking...What are your favourites things to put on (or in) your hamburgers?

Depends on what kind of mood I'm in, I'm usually a mustard kinda girl - never ketchup. But I have a new absolute favorite: tzatziki sauce and a big ol' slice of tomato.

I love a good hamburger with swiss cheese, grilled onions and lots of mushrooms. I don't like hamburger buns, though.

Yum

Spicy...... tomato, mustard, lettuce, cheese (sharp cheddar), pickles and jalapenos! :mrgreen:

I like yellow mustard, onions, mushrooms, american cheese, swiss cheese, pepperjack cheese, mayo, and lettuce on mine. And the hamburger has to be well done. For some reason, even though I'll have my steak cooked to a medium/medium rare I have to have my hamburger well done or I can't eat it. Weird, huh?:rolleyes:

Ooh guac is good on burgers.

I also like BBQ sauce, grilled onion, sharp cheddar and bacon.

Ketchup, mustard, cheddar cheese, chili and bacon. If I'm gonna eat something bad, it's gonna be worth it!!

I like mine with lettuce and tomato. Heinz 57 and french-fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer. Good Gawd Almighty! Which way do I steer?:ROFLMAO:

I like them lots of different ways, but when I want an old fashioned hamburger, I want just sweet onion, tomato, lettuce, steak sauce and maybe a pinch of whole grain mustard. It is getting really hard to find good hamburgers, other than at home.

phinz said:
I like mine with lettuce and tomato. Heinz 57 and french-fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer. Good Gawd Almighty! Which way do I steer?:ROFLMAO:

Ah yes, the inimitable Buffett "Cheeseburger in Paradise."

I just like mine greasy and loaded with grilled onions, along with lettuce, tomato, mayo (yes, mayo), ketchup, and mustard. Five Guys is making something that approaches my ideal.

phinz said:
Cheeseburger in Paradise...Heaven on earth with an onion slice...worth every **** bit of sacrifice to have a...cheeseburger in paradise.

We are Parrot Heads!

Actually, I like mine with Velveeta Cheese put on the hot burger so it will melt, mustard, sweet pickle relish, and catsup or a slice of good ripe tomato, when they're in season. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Constance said:
Cheeseburger in Paradise...Heaven on earth with an onion slice...worth every **** bit of sacrifice to have a...cheeseburger in paradise.

We are Parrot Heads!

icon_phinzup_anim2.gif

I too like mine with sweet pickle relish. The cheesier the cheese the better. Even Cheeze Whiz works for me. Lots of dills on the side. Maybe a slice of purple onion and a tomato, if said tomato is ripe enough to have flavor.

I love fried mushroms with onions. Can't eat without them. everything else is optional, oh, but no mustard.

smear of mayo, dollop of spicy mustard, letuce, tomato, thin slice red onion,(or a mess of caramelized onions) dill pickle chips, cheese of some kind, bacon, or perhaps... ah to dream

Easier to say what I don't . . . . . :mrgreen:

Fungus and tomatoes are no nos. Alright, maybe I should go with what is okay.

Cheeses:

American, Cheddar, Swiss. Better yet, all three!

Rabbit food (aka veggies):

Lettuce, onion, pickes (are they a veggie?) and maybe sprouts.

Condiments:

BBQ sauce, ketchup (or is it catsup? :ROFLMAO: ), mustard, and TGI Friday's Jack Daniels sauce.

my favorite burgers are:

from dj reynolds (my local pub i've mentioned before) on west 57th street in nyc, the gaelic burger. a huge 10 or 12 oz. patty, topped with onions and irish bacon, and irish cheddar, with hp sauce. the irish bacon really makes it.

from big nick's on brodway bet. 76th and 77th: the greek lamb burger. an 8 oz. patty in a pita with lettuce, tomato, onion, feta cheese, with a garlicy dressing.

Back
Top Bottom