What else do you have with meatloaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We always have to have garlic mash potatoes and corn. DH insists and since it's his meatloaf, he can make whatever he wants. I've made roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese once as an additional side.

If it's a roasted potato dish, at higher temps than the meatloaf, put the potatoes in about a 1/2 hour earlier. Bring the temp down, & put in your meatloaf.

Suggestions:

Potatoes au gratin or scalloped potatoes

Baked Potato w sour cream & chives

Red potato/green bean salad

Lemon roasted potatoes - evoo, lemon juice, garlic, s&p

Tomato/Potato/onion (cheese opt) casserole

Hasselback (sp) potatoes

An oldie - Lipton Onion/Mushroom or Herb/Garlic (dry soup mix) roasted potatoes

Potato Pancake Pie

Home fries w onions

Parmesan or chili (powder) potato wedges/fries

Last edited:
Amy...
potato pancake pie? that sounds different how do you make that?

I love French fries with meatloaf if you are making gravy, too. I love any kind of gravy on fries.

I'm attempting to not make gravy 3 times a week. DH said he feels so big lately it's like he has gravy in his veins not blood. Oops. Too much gravy making.
If I make gravy then I will miss my mashed potatoes again too. This is a big step for me to not want mashed taters!! :)
But cheese fries on the other hand..... that could work. Maybe next meatloaf, too much cheese.

yeah they do sound really good too. Typical me, I've gone from no clue to having so many ideas I'm stumped and we may well end up with grilled cheese for dinner because I can't decide!

Haha well it sounds like you wanna stick to potato with your meatloaf (and really why would you change that :P) roasted would be your easiest bet. You can get alot of similar flavour to mashed potatoes, but you get those really nice crispy edges.

Place medium egg noodles on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F until they are a rich brown color. Careful, they burn fast once they start to brown. Cook the browned noodles, drain and toss with butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with grated parm if you like.

What does this do to the taste? Or what is the reasoning if it doesn't change the taste. Very interesting sounding.

Cheesy potatoes!! The one thins Velveeta really makes well.

Velveeta cheese, milk and butter--make a thick cheese sauce. Pour over boiled, cubed potatoes... put in a pan and bake until the top is slightly browned.. Yummy!!!!! but absolutely terrible for you..

Augrautin potatoes are another good choice as is rice or cous-cous..

I tend to enjoy a starch along with meatloaf..

Actually I think it's a federal law in the United States that you're supposed to serve mashed potatoes with meat loaf. However, since I'm a bit adventuresome, I tend to break the law from time to time.

I, occasionally, serve buttered poppy seed noodles with meat loaf. Just cook up your favorite noodles, we use curly noodles, drain, then add some butter to coat. Toss in some salt and a good bunch of poppy seeds. Toss to coat well and serve. Yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom