What to do with leftover steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take for lunch and heat in the microwave. Take a green veggie, or salad, and maybe something like a sweet potato to heat or cook as well. Eat a great lunch for a fraction of the cost of a fast food, or restaurant meal. Bonus - your do- workers will be envious, saying to themselves - I whish I'd done that.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Any steak that gets left over goes to my darling dog Lucas, who is a beautiful English Setter. He thinks all his Christmases have come at once when he gets that, along with his top quality doggie crunchies (he has to have the best, not least because he's a bit susceptible to intestinal problems, and what we give him suits well). No sauce or seasoning - I rinse it all off, because he mustn't have anything that could be a gut irritant. He sits there with the patience of Job, because he knows that there's a nice treat coming his way!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast (especially in Lucas' eyes!) Oscar Wilde

Di, have you shared a pic of Lucas yet? I had an English setter who followed me home and adopted me when I was in high school, sweetest dog.

Last edited:
Lucas

Our lovely English Setter : Here he is - now you see him,

31826-albums1051-picture6603.jpg

now you don't

31826-albums1051-picture6604.jpg

:):):)

I grilled some steak kebobs the other day. Lunch today is LO steak in a tortilla with guac and cheese.

I grilled some steak kebobs the other day. Lunch today is LO steak in a tortilla with guac and cheese.

And you didn't send your private jet to pick me up!:ohmy:

That's the gratitude I get. I started him cooking at 3 years old, pancakes I think, or was it breaded and deep fried sardines, hmmm. Had him Q'ing a whole rack of ribs by the time he was five. He knew his mother sauces, with a hundred or so daughter sauces before he hit home-ec as a high school freshman. Made his first puff pastry at 16. After that, I thought to myself that he could probably get through living with frat boys at his university. No cold pizza on the table in front of the couch, with warm beer for Andy. He was ready.

You just can't know how proud I was when he bought his first Webber Smokey Joe. Yup, and he flowered in the cooking arts.

You've grown strong young grashoppah. Continue as you will.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

steak quesadillas, steak nachos or salad. or if cubed, stroganoff.

I don't think already cooked beef would do well in stoganoff, since much of the flavor comes from the fond left from the raw beef being browned.

Back
Top Bottom