What to do with my .84lb tri-tip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherifffruitfly

Senior Cook
Hi all,

Lookinig for something quick & yummy to do with my freshly thawed tri-tip. It looks a little bit too thick for easy/even/effective frying.

I'm hoping for something quick (under 1 hour) and light on the auxilliary ingredients.

Any suggestions?

oh please don't fry it! Please!

Tri tips are truly meant for the grill. Typically, you can grill it either the way it is, or you can butterfly it if you are pressed for time. Either way, it is an amazing cut of meat. (and doesn't need much in the seasoning dept)

If you absolutely cannot grill it, broil it.
If you do broil it, you can sprinkle a few spices on it, lay it on a piece of tin foil and put it under the broiler for about 7 min pre side.

jkath said:
oh please don't fry it! Please!

Tri tips are truly meant for the grill. Typically, you can grill it either the way it is, or you can butterfly it if you are pressed for time. Either way, it is an amazing cut of meat. (and doesn't need much in the seasoning dept)

If you absolutely cannot grill it, broil it.
If you do broil it, you can sprinkle a few spices on it, lay it on a piece of tin foil and put it under the broiler for about 7 min pre side.

Sigh. The second I give up on getting a reply, of course a reply comes - lol!

I broiled it - slapped some evoo n spices on it and let 'er rip under the broiler for a few minutes too long (med insteada med rare) - i'm sure it'll taste fine tho.....

thanks!

I would definitely not fry you tri-tip - my girlfriend has an oven broiler which she makes all her tri-tip roasts in.

She goes to the butcher and he marinates it and then uses a little seasoning.

Everytime she has a party everyone wants her to make the tri-tip. It is really delicious.

Back
Top Bottom