Who Song and Larry's Carne Adobodo (sp?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindatooo

Head Chef
We've enjoyed this dish several times at the restaurant and love it. I tried something I thought was close from a Mexican Cookbook and I ended up with a big mess and a less than successful dish.

Can anyone help me with this recipe? It's a beef steak, pretty thin, marinated in - I think something combined with lime juice, served with a delicious and not too hot sauce which I think contains the adobo peppers, canned which I understand are roasted jalepeno peppers in a sauce. I admit to being a complete novice with Mexican foods.

The restaurant serves it with a cheese filled flour tortilla atop the steak.

The restaurant nearby our home has closed and the closest one is about an hour away - and it's not always on the menu so I appeal to any of you to help me with this. DH has been traveling a whole bunch in the last year and he would go nuts if I could serve this to him at home!

Thanks in advance!

Search recipes by title or ingredient :

carne de cochino en adobo - pork adobado

CategoriesNoneYield1 Servings MeasureIngredient 2 kilograms Pork in small pieces (square ones) 2 Garlics complete 1 Hot pepper (red one) we call it "pimienta colorada" (please put some water in fire and keep this pepper during 2 mins) 4 Black pepper grains (up to 5) 1 Spoon of red paprika powder Olive oil Vinegar Salt (marine) Selected (no in bouquet) of laurel + thyme + oregano
To prepare the adobo: in a mortar put the garlics, red hot pepper, salt and some pepper grains. and crush well. When is done, add the laurel, thyme and oregano with a spoon of pimenton-red paprika powder- oil and vinegar.... doing to oneself's taste... The quantity of above adobo is to cover the 2 kgs of meat. Cover the meat with this adobo and keep it for 12 hours... And fry it. Posted to FOODWINE Digest by ksd <supplies@...> on Sep 18, 1997

Similar recipes:

IF you make your own tortillas you can add food color to get the orange color. Or you can use blue corn flour for a twist. I used to know a jamaican cook who did something somewhat similar on a grill. It was soooo good.

All he did was quickly grill a steak with onion, green pepoer, garlic and fresh tomato quarters with a little salt and pepper. I sould suppose you put grated mexican cheese in a tortialla, roll it and put it an oven to melt it. You can also grill a tortilla first and fill it with cheese, but be careful that are hot! If you can find chipolte with sause in a jar that i sprobably all you need.

You may never duplicate the recipe but you can come close. The butcher can cut the paper thin steaks.

Back
Top Bottom