"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 06-30-2005, 01:48 AM   #31
Executive Chef

GeeBee, some of these might be repeats. I looked & looked on the web for a list called 101 irresistable burgers, but couldn't find it. There were some amazing recipes on the Sutter's (Zinfendel sp?) site. Most of them are gone, but there are a few winners' recipes under Build a Better Burger.

Bruchetta Burger: Complement your burger with thickly sliced fresh tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and thick slices of mozzarella on toasted garlic French bread.

California Burger: Hamburger patty topped with grilled onions, sliced avocado and alfalfa sprouts served on walnut bread.

Chipotle Burger: Mix 2 Tbsp. canned chipotle peppers mashed with a fork into a puree with 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Spread on toasted buns and top with burger patty and cheddar cheese.

Green Chile Olé Burger: Spread a toasted onion roll with ranch style dressing, top with a burger patty, grilled onions, canned chopped green chilies, and pepper jack cheese.

Pepperoni Pizza Burger: Add sliced pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce to a hamburger patty. Serve on a toasted French roll.

Rueben Burger: Place burger patty along with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on marble rye bread that has been spread with Thousand Island dressing. Butter outside of sandwich and grill in a skillet until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.

Tex-Mex Bean Burger: Spread toasted bun with refried beans. Add a layer of crushed corn tortilla chips. Top with hamburger patty, a slice of cheddar cheese and salsa.

Worcestershire Burger: Saute sliced mushrooms and sweet onions in Worcestershire sauce. Serve the burger open faced with the mushroom and onion mixture piled high.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:00 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
I've cooked burgers this way for as long as I can remember. Always get great reviews on them.

1 lb. good quality lean ground meat
2 TBS olive oil (sometimes more)
kosher salt - probably 1/2 tsp.
couple cloves garlic
3 TBS Worcestershire (sometimes more)
2 TBS horseradish (sometimes more)
elfie, this is pretty much my mom's recipe for irish hamburgers (aka mini-meatloafs), taught to her by my paternal grandma. she would carefully turn in chunks of soft bread also, being careful not to compact the bread too much. the bread absorbs some of the fat and tastes great in it.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #33
Head Chef

I really enjoy making by own burgers, but there is still something about a Braum's burger that I love!! Every time I go home, to Oklahoma, I have to have one.

However, when I do make my own burgers I keep mine very simple. Just a small touch of worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. I saw Paula Deen one time add a touch of water which I thought was interesting. I top mine with only cheese and mayo.

Oh, Buckytom, I saw a clip about that flau grais burger on the local news the other day. They said that it went for $100, but maybe that included the special Sam Adams beer as well. The burger had the flau grais in the center and then alond the rest of the center of the patty was the ground truffles. The special Sam Adams beer is suppose to be rediculously expensive and is aged like liquor would be, 12 yrs I think. I believe it wa 50 proof or something like that.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

umm, abj, i hope you were watching wcbs-ny, channel 2... lol.

wow! a c note for a burger and a multi-bock beer. i think i'll stick to big jim's on broadway (76th street). they have great burgers. lamb, buffalo, ostrich, and the famous sumo burger (over 1 lb of meat). if you are ever in the neighborhood, around lincoln center or the beacon theater, give it a shot.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:42 AM   #35
Head Chef

I'm usually not in that area, but I would love to try a buffalo burger. My dad use to eat them all the time, but I didn't want to when I was youger.

I don't remember what channel it was, but I do remember thinking that the anchor lady got a great deal for that story. She got the meal for free, on the company.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #36
Senior Cook

My hubby makes a great burger. Ground beef, onion soup mix, garlic, pepper, diced onion, raw egg. Make a patty and grill. You can have just about anything on top you like. the traditional lettuce, tomato, etc. My favorite toppings are onion rings and bbq sauce.

Talk about fantastic!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:51 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
lol bucky - my burger is your mom's meatloaf and MrsDove's burger was my mom's meatloaf.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #38
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
lol bucky - my burger is your mom's meatloaf and MrsDove's burger was my mom's meatloaf.
that's exactly what I said the first time hubby made it but it sure tastes a heck of a lot better than my mom's meatloaf!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #39
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to MochaBean04
mm these burgers sound good. . im gonna have to try a few of these. . When i was in youth group a few years ago my youth leader made up this burger called "the dune burger" it was a hamburger with chedder cheese and chipolte seasoning (only a little) and while he was grilling them he added BBQ sauce, Worch sauce abd hot sauce on top and then a slice of prove cheese. when he put it on the bun he added the french fried onion rings and a slice of bacon. the ingredients on here dont sound like they go but. . . OOMG this hamburger was awesome lol

Sometimes, the solution to all life's problems is a good dessert.

MochaBean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:54 AM   #40
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Sometimes I like just a plain burger with Miracle Whip, yellow mustard, and a little ketchup on the buns, then topped with American cheese, dill slices, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.

I LOVE guacamole burgers.

I had a great burger at a little place in Riverside, California that had green olives cooked in the burger patty.

If I am cooking them on the stove, sometimes I add a little Worcestershire sauce, or I will sprinkle a little liquid smoke on them as they cook.

Once in awhile I will put an onion slice or a piece of cheese in the middle of the patty before cooking, just for something different.

Barbara

Tags
None