Your Best Burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone watch the "Build a better burger" cook off? The three recipes they published, sounded super but were quite lengthy and full of ingredients. A bit labor intensive for my taste, but after all, it was a competition. Kept the recipes but probably will never use them.

Barbara L said:
Sometimes I like just a plain burger with Miracle Whip, yellow mustard, and a little ketchup on the buns, then topped with American cheese, dill slices, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.

I LOVE guacamole burgers.

I had a great burger at a little place in Riverside, California that had green olives cooked in the burger patty.

If I am cooking them on the stove, sometimes I add a little Worcestershire sauce, or I will sprinkle a little liquid smoke on them as they cook.

Once in awhile I will put an onion slice or a piece of cheese in the middle of the patty before cooking, just for something different.

:) Barbara
Barbara, I always put cheese in the middle, but I like your idea of an onion slice..That sounds so good...Maybe I'll put both, onion and cheese:LOL:
kadesma

bevkile said:
Did anyone watch the "Build a better burger" cook off?
Actually, yes. That is one of the reasons I started this thread. They had some very interesting recipes on that show.

kadesma said:
Barbara, I always put cheese in the middle, but I like your idea of an onion slice..That sounds so good...Maybe I'll put both, onion and cheese:LOL:
kadesma
Sometimes I put cheese in the middle of a meatloaf too. Once my mom put a big dill pickle in the middle of a meatloaf! It wasn't bad, if I remember correctly.

:) Barbara

abjcooking said:
I'm usually not in that area, but I would love to try a buffalo burger.:glare:

i tried a buffalo burger recently. it was pretty good. a lot like beef.

This is the way I make mine:

Sirloin Ground Beef
Finely Chopped Onion
Bacon
Shredded Motzerella Cheese
Worcestershire Sauce

First partially cook bacon on seperate pan. Add bacon, chopped onions, shredded motzerella cheese, and some worcestershire sauce to ground beef. Form patties into squares, or round if you like, throw onto the grill or hot saute pan. Cook till desired. Top w/any fixings.

Great tasting cheesy meat!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom