Your ultimate burger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) My favorite is a green chili,bacon, cheese burger with lettuce,tomatoes,pickles and onion.I also like extra pickles and onions to dip in ketchup as a side

So many great ways to have a burger! Some of my favorites:

Patty melt on dark rye bread. Saute, don't broil, a 1/2 lb patty of nice 90/10 burger, seasoned w/ a bit of salt & pepper. 1 slice of Jarlsburg swiss with 1 slice american cheese. Lots and lots of heavily carmelized onions. Mmmm! :D

Chili Burger. 1/2 lb burger cooked on the grill, served openfaced on grill-toasted bun. Top w/ a couple sliced of American cheese, then smother with your favorite Chili. Smother with diced onions and sprinkle with feather-shredded sharp cheddar.

I also love a burger topped with a slice of fried Canadian bacon. Add some gorgonzola cheese, thin sliced onions and Thousand Island dressing.

Man, this is making me hungry! :LOL:

Okay...

Its hard to get your hands on medium ground buffalo (admittedly not impossible!)

But lets start with 1.5 lbs regular ground beef...or in a perfect world, a "minced" sirloin or NY strip, with a touch of "suet" added...

A "scoop" of bacon bits (the "real" ones!) tossed on top...

A raw egg...

About 3/4 cup of red onion, finely diced, or, stepping back to the "steak" start, minced through the grinder with the meat...(that'll sure "bind" them"!)
A couple or three cloves of garlic, through the mincer...

A good blast of fresh ground pepper, and a dusting of Kosher Salt...

A quater cup of mesquite based marinade or BBQ sauce...

For me a third of a cup of either oatmeal or finely crushed multigrain crackers...

Two tablespoons of brown sugar..

A "dab" of horseradish...

A teaspoon of hot Dijon Mustard

Mix very thoroughly in s stainless steel bowl, using a fork, rather than your hands

"Shower with cracked ice and shreds of your favourite cheese, be it "Blue" or "Ancient Cheddar" or "Mpntery Jack" to name only three...

Beat it up again with the fork, but QUICKLY

"Loosely" form into large patties, trying not to make them "thick"...

Place on the BBQ with mesquite "chips" and cook them long, low and slow, turning only once...

Sourdough buns, of course...

Your choice of condiments...Montreal sandwich pickles would be a "start", tomato, of course, then, you get down to regional tastes...

Lifter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom