Your ultimate burger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i love a good burger.
one thing i haven't tried is a bleu cheese burger but i can already taste how good that would be.
as for fast food, i'm a mcD's cheesburger gal.
whoppers, too.
i like tomato and lettuce and warm ketchup. traditional.

My favorite would be IN N OUT, but there is not one in Eugene. Last night I made a burger stuffed with roasted garlic clove, roasted shallot all mushed up and mixed with the hamburger (fresh ground) with fresh pepper and then put some gorgonzola in the center of it. MMMMMMMM.

I also love a good burger. Nice quality ground beef (not the frozen patty crap). I like to season the ground meat with black pepper, salt, garlic and diced onions. I like using a nice quality kaiser roll or whole wheat burger bun. Condiment of choice: a little mayo, ketchup, mustard, dill relish or sliced pickles, tomato, red onion & cheese (any).

I previously toyed with making cheese stuffed burgers, but they never did turn out like pictures in magazines. The cheese always melted too much.

thick, homegrown tomato slices
crisp romaine
1/2 avocado, fanned
2-3 thin slices of monterey jack

---or---

bleu cheese, added just before they come off of the grill
green leafy lettuce
cucumbers

Oh yeah. Here's a good idea, look at best burger thread...on a cooking site...when your ravenously hungry and hanging out for lunch.

Real smart move Haggis, real smart.

Haggis said:
Oh yeah. Here's a good idea, look at best burger thread...on a cooking site...when your ravenously hungry and hanging out for lunch.

Real smart move Haggis, real smart.

00000016.gif

Burgers are the greatest thing ever. But anybody enjoy a good cheeseburger from a bar, like I do.

After a few beers, or drinks, and/or shots...a good hamburger can taste like prime rib.

Erik - either after a few or the morning after a few!!! Where I live "all teh way" means chili, slaw, onions, mustard, and mayo - boy does that put a hangover at ease at 8:00 in the morning!!!! LOL

firstly, made from 12 ozs. of ground buffalo cooked medium rare, with a slice of 2 percent white american cheese melted on it. then topped with spicy arrugula, slices of beefsteak tomato, raw red onion, and garlic ketchup, on a soft toasted sesame seed bun, with a side of steak fries...

Tom, what is "arrugula"?

Why no "mustard"?

Where are the pickles?

Just GOTTA agree with you on the buffalo meat, though! MAN! That will take you off beef the rest of your life!

(Try sourdough buns, and you'll be getting "closer" to the "ultimate" burger of my dreams!)

Lifter

(Feverishly chewing down the Tostido's, in an invalid attempt to curb the desire to eat something like this!)

Take 12 oz. ground round, place it on a Webber Kettle, over a solid bed of coals. Add some beef fat to the grill to create lots of smoke, cover and cook for about three minutes per side. The burger must be about 1/8 inch thick when done, and about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. It must be juicy with salt and pepper added during the cooking. Top with good ketchup, a bit of spicy mustard and horseradish. Place this burger on a whole-wheat or rye bun that's covered with a piece of strong swiss cheese. Place a grilled protabella mushroom cap, same size as the burger, on top, and cover with the other bun half.

This is also great if you substitute A1 sauce for the ketchup. Oh, and don't forget some cripsy leaf lettuce, and the crispy bacon strips, and garden ripened tomato. :D

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

lifter, arrugula is aka rockette, or rocket. it's a green, leafy lettuce that has a nice peppery flavor. i grew some the last few springs that was so spicy it was almost as hot as a pepper.

i like mustard on irish hamburgers (beef mixed with veggies and chunks of soft white bread).

oh, i did forget the pickle. i like a polish dill spear on the side...

SierraCook said:
Red onion
avocado
green chile
monterey jack cheese
lettuce
tomato

Sierra, great minds think alike....

Buckytom - I'd like to order 4 of your arugala burgers,and 2 orders of steak fries, to go. Where's the pick-up window?

Swiss cheese,
bacon
mushrooms!
YUMMMMY..

And.. I forgot to mention I'd rather just have it on my plate with out a bun.

Some good recipes here.

I like taking my ground round, and putting it in a mixing bowl.

Add Heinz 57 to the meat to taste and mix well.

Then I like to season it with Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt or just plain old RealSalt has it gets thrown on the grill/griddle. Much rather grilled, but on a griddle isn't bad on those cold winter days (like today!).

Oh, and I like toasting white bread for the bun. Sounds crazy, but I saw a place do it on Food Network once, and got curious and tried it. Texas Toast is a bit to thick, and white bread a bit too thin. But both work. As for the topping, anything goes, just depends on my mood at the time.

jkath said:
Buckytom - I'd like to order 4 of your arugala burgers,and 2 orders of steak fries, to go. Where's the pick-up window?

ummm, would you like something to drink with that ma'am, and would you like to bucky-size your order for 30 cents more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom