"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
2 ISO's in one

If this can be done that would be cool. Im trying to ge two birds with one stone..

ISO a good recipe for tritip on a charcoal grill with hickory wood chunks

ISO for a christmas dinner pork tenderloin roast with cranberry sauce or whatever that is good for christmas. I have an idea that i wouldnt mind trying out

OJ, a lil butter, and cranberries cooked together and then poured over or cooked with the pork tendeerloin. But suggestions and recipes are very welcomed so thta i can make a great dinner

thanx.

__________________

__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
If this can be done that would be cool. Im trying to ge two birds with one stone..

ISO a good recipe for tritip on a charcoal grill with hickory wood chunks

ISO for a christmas dinner pork tenderloin roast with cranberry sauce or whatever that is good for christmas. I have an idea that i wouldnt mind trying out

OJ, a lil butter, and cranberries cooked together and then poured over or cooked with the pork tendeerloin. But suggestions and recipes are very welcomed so thta i can make a great dinner

thanx.
Put your tritip in a zip lock baggie and add a good italian dressing or make your own like we do evoo,red wine vinegar, some lemon juice, garlic crushed I also add minced shallots,some worchestersire and a smidgen of ketchup..Set some aside to use as a baste as you grill..we sometime also add some brown sugar it's up to you..it is good cooked to a light pink in the middle..Hope this helps you a little.
kadesma
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Put your tritip in a zip lock baggie and add a good italian dressing or make your own like we do evoo,red wine vinegar, some lemon juice, garlic crushed I also add minced shallots,some worchestersire and a smidgen of ketchup..Set some aside to use as a baste as you grill..we sometime also add some brown sugar it's up to you..it is good cooked to a light pink in the middle..Hope this helps you a little.
kadesma
Hmm ill try it out. So soak the meat in italian dressing for a few hours before i grill it with hickory wood chunks and charcoal.

Oh whats Evoo?
__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
Hmm ill try it out. So soak the meat in italian dressing for a few hours before i grill it with hickory wood chunks and charcoal.

Oh whats Evoo?
Sorry it's extra virgin olive oil but just plain olive oil will work...Yes I marinate my tri-tip over night and it works great.
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Sorry it's extra virgin olive oil but just plain olive oil will work...Yes I marinate my tri-tip over night and it works great.
kadesma
oh ok cool. Ill try it with just the italian dressing first before i make the other sauce with Evoo and ketchup
__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: southern california
Posts: 765
Another option that I've used successfully on Tri -tip many times is:

4 tsp Liquid Smoke 2 tsp Oil
2 tsp Salt 1/2 C Water
1 clove garlic - crushed 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tbsp minced fresh Parsley
grind of fresh Black Pepper

Marinate ovenite in the fridge.

Also: The pros out here, who do a dozen at a time, use dry Red Oak, not charcoal and wood chips. Hope this helps.
__________________
dave the baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave the baker View Post
Another option that I've used successfully on Tri -tip many times is:

4 tsp Liquid Smoke 2 tsp Oil
2 tsp Salt 1/2 C Water
1 clove garlic - crushed 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tbsp minced fresh Parsley
grind of fresh Black Pepper

Marinate ovenite in the fridge.

Also: The pros out here, who do a dozen at a time, use dry Red Oak, not charcoal and wood chips. Hope this helps.
im using lump charcoal and chunks of wood. Maybe even logs if i can find some.
__________________

__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.