Bacon Wrapped Roasted Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, I save the oven method for a full sheet pan of bacon. I've never run out of bacon fat, have a couple of jars stashed in the freezer! My favorite sight is a convection oven with ten shelves and 20 sheet pans of bacon, cooking away. The aroma just slays me.

I miss working in the restaurant! But, not enough to give up my current job.

Ah, the smell of bacon. My DH and I often cook a little something just for one. But, we have a rule about bacon: you must cook enough bacon for everyone who can smell it cooking, including pets. It's just too cruel to make anyone smell bacon and not have any for them.

When a lot younger I had a year long relationship with a Hindu girl, the smell of bacon broke my vegetarianism and the relationship.

I do my pork much the same except I set it in a bed of cinnamon and cloves apple slices.
kadesma

I think I listed the temp at the beginning of the thread. If I didn't, I roasted it at 350. I have a digital thermo probe that I always use with a temperature alarm. I set it for 134. When it reached about 110 I cranked the oven to 500 degrees F (to finish the bacon). I pulled it at 134.

Trichinosis is killed at about 135-ish. Carry-over will take the loin well above that. I like a lil' pink in my pork. I can't stand "Farmer Pig"!:LOL:

Time is not very useful, really. The loin I used isn't the same as one you'll use. So I use a thermocouple and ballpark time. I cook to temp, not time.

Last edited:
Sorry, Rob. I should have quoted the post. I was asking about cooking bacon in the oven.

Oh, I see. When I do just bacon I usually bake at 350. I generally don't preheat the oven when I do this, so it often takes 12-15 minutes. I'm not big on cooking times, to be honest. I just cook stuff 'til it's done.:LOL: BTW, I like my bacon on the crispy side.

Oh, I see. When I do just bacon I usually bake at 350. I generally don't preheat the oven when I do this, so it often takes 12-15 minutes. I'm not big on cooking times, to be honest. I just cook stuff 'til it's done.:LOL: BTW, I like my bacon on the crispy side.

Thanks. I want to try it your way, because you said it won't curl up. I hate that.

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

I smoke mine and wrap with bacon to keep it moist. Mine isn't artistically woven like yours though.:)

Does it? My DH used to cook sausages in the oven, until I showed him how dirty it made the oven.

I guess I'm talking about the spatter on top of the stove...you know the kind, makes you wish you wore a shirt...with long sleeves!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom