Bone-in pork roast: chine bone vs. back bone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crankin, How did your pork roast turn out? And how did you fix it to serve for New Years dinner.

I actually came down with the flu about 2 days before New Year's so I haven't had a chance to make this yet :( But I am hoping to in the next couple of weekends!

I agree with what I've read here that doing the trimming yourself would be ideal... but this is something I would do maybe 1-2 times a year so there would really be no opportunity to gain proficiency. I'll leave it up to the butcher and pay a little more :glare:

I actually came down with the flu about 2 days before New Year's so I haven't had a chance to make this yet :( But I am hoping to in the next couple of weekends!

I agree with what I've read here that doing the trimming yourself would be ideal... but this is something I would do maybe 1-2 times a year so there would really be no opportunity to gain proficiency. I'll leave it up to the butcher and pay a little more :glare:

Remember to ask him for the trimmings and bones, so you can use them in soup.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom