"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Master Chef

Okay - here's how the rib thing panned out.

First off, let me say that these were "Smithfield" ribs, & as I'm sure most of you know, "Smithfield" is one of the (or THE) prime producers of quality pork in the country. Upon opening the package, I discovered that the ribs were actually half-&-half with & without bones, & the pieces with bone were definitely rib bones.

I brought a big pot of water to a full boil on my stovetop, added the ribs, then lowered the heat a bit & let them simmer for about 20 minutes. I then drained them in a colander & placed them in a large pyrex bowl where I tossed them with a full bottle of Kraft's "Hot" barbecue sauce, which I amended with additional vinegar & pepper. I left them to semi-marinate in this while I started my coals outside. When the coals were at the medium-hot stage, I put on the ribs & closed the lid of my Char-Griller. After 10 minutes I turned them & cooked for an additional 10.

They. Were. FABULOUS!!!!! Perfectly done with nice crispy exteriors - but no unpleasant "burnt sugar" taste. Interiors were moist & juicy with an incredible pork flavor that came thru the sauce perfectly. These easily could be the best ribs I've ever had, & certainly the best I've ever cooked myself. I was in hog heaven - lol!!!

Luckily, since it was a 5-pound package of meat, I have plenty of leftovers to pick at for the next couple of days. In fact, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I snuck a little piece cold before breakfast this morning.

Again - thanks for all your help & suggestions guys. It sure was fun - especially since this has to be the first time I've cooked ribs in about 12 years!!

Tags
None