"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork

Old 08-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #31
Master Chef

Breaded pork loin chop

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #32
Assistant Cook

My husband loves pork. I almost always wind up with dry and touch pork chops. The only way I have ever gotten tender ones was to brown them and then simmer them for an hour in pork gravy mix. I would love some other ways to cook them to get tender ones. I'd appreciate any help.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #33
Head Chef

This has always come out juicy and tender:
Brown chops in Hot oil on the top of stove ,just to brown ,and move to a baking dish
cover with sauerkraut , and canned tomatoes , sprinkel with caraway seeds and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. (optional: garlic and onions)
I have also cooked this in a pressure cooker after browning.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by setlikeflint View Post
My husband loves pork. I almost always wind up with dry and touch pork chops. The only way I have ever gotten tender ones was to brown them and then simmer them for an hour in pork gravy mix. I would love some other ways to cook them to get tender ones. I'd appreciate any help.
My son's favorite comfort food he loves these. Hope you will as well.
Pork Chops in Onion Sauce..REC.
kadesma
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Breaded pork loin chop

I've been jonesing for some pork chops lately and KNEW I could find a photo of a perfectly cooked chop by MsMoffet! You never let me down, MsMoffet! Your style of cooking is the one that I've used for my entire life! You have yet to ever post soemthing that isn't EXACTLY how I make something!

All of your dishes are 10+ to me on the Yum Scale! Your fantastic offerings shown in your plated pics, make me drool like a rabid dog!

Please, ask your hubby if I can move in with you! I promise I won't make much noise! Only slurping and crunching on your incredible meals!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I've been jonesing for some pork chops lately and KNEW I could find a photo of a perfectly cooked chop by MsMoffet! You never let me down, MsMoffet! Your style of cooking is the one that I've used for my entire life! You have yet to ever post soemthing that isn't EXACTLY how I make something!

All of your dishes are 10+ to me on the Yum Scale! Your fantastic offerings shown in your plated pics, make me drool like a rabid dog!

Please, ask your hubby if I can move in with you! I promise I won't make much noise! Only slurping and crunching on your incredible meals!
Oh my Thank you
Old 11-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Brown chops, set aside. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms to pan and saute. Add some sherry or white wine and deglaze pan. Add can of concentrated cream of mushroom soup, half can of water, 1/2 tsp paprika, thyme, fresh ground black pepper, fresh chopped parsley. bring sauce to a simmering boil until thickened a bit, add pork chops for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Serve by spooning over egg noodles or rice....
Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #38
Master Chef

Ms. Mofet's Pork Chops and Sauerkraut (click for recipe and step by step pictures)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #39
Sous Chef

Guys y'all jumped the gun a bit! The OP is having dry pork chops because they are sitting for too long after being cooked before they get a chance to eat it. They may be overcooked but OP says they get busy and can't eat right away, thus dry chops.

As far as I know once it's cooked, it starts to dry out if it sits and there's not a good way to stop it. You can brine and it will help this buuuuuuut... I'd say get a cheaper cut of pork and braise it low and slow. You'll be able to eat on your own time without the meat sitting around and drying out.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't want to get a raspberry for this butTTTTTT I saw a commercial on TV suggesting the use of a package of Ranch dressing I tried it and cooked my chops in a slow oven, they were easy to cut and chew no driness to them.They were very good.
kadesma

Tags
other, pork