Buckytom's Stuffed Baked Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
this was one of those "what do i have that needs to be used up" type of creations that came out very good, so i thought i'd share it.

ingredients:

4 one inch thick pork rib chops
3/4 bag (approx. 6 ozs.) fresh spinach
4 ozs. soft goat cheese
5 dried plums, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 golf ball sized shallots, finely diced
2 Tbsps. EVOO
2 cups of italian seasoned breadcrumbs
cooking spray
4 toothpicks

pre-heat oven to 425.

in a large sautee pan, add EVOO over medium heat and add garlic to toast, then shallots a minute later. as soon as they begin to sweat, add the spinach and toss in the oil until wilted. don't cook it to death. place in a bowl in the fridge to help it cool.
once cooled off, roughly chop then mix the wilted spinach into the goat cheese and diced dried plums.
after rinsing the chops, place them flat on a cutting board, and using a paring knife cut a small hole into the meaty side, then move the blade back and forth to create a pocket in the meat of the chop. try not to make too large of an opening.

stuff the spinach/plums/goat cheese mix into the pockets in the chops, and secure the hole horizontally with a long toothpick. i used disposable wooden skewers for this, and cut to size.

gently coat the chops with the seasoned italian breadcrumbs, re-wetting them a little if needed to help it stick.

spray 2 large glass baking dishes with cooking spray, and place 2 breaded stuffed chops into each and spray the chops with a little cooking spray. bake at 425 for 40 minutes.

serve with yellow rice. :chef:

yup, that'd work just as well. hope you enjoy them, tg.

i brought them in for the guys at work today, so i'll post the reactions later.

BT, could I use dried apricots in that or should I stick with the plums? I have the apricots but if you don't think it's worth it I'll get the plums.

apricots are perfect as well, jeekinz. this was truely a "whatever was around" type of dish.
i think any dried fruit would work. the reason i used dried plums (aka prunes, he hee) is that they are still somewhat hydrated. i didn't have to soak them to reconstitute. if you use some other dried fruit, i'd toss into some hot water for a few minutes, to rehydrate a bit.

ok, first results in, from a very picky eater, was that it was very good.

since they were leftovers, the breadcrumb coating suffered, but otherwise very tasty. :chef:

awaiting 2nd review monday, from my boss.

Back
Top Bottom