Carribean Pork Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
I modified this recipe from a poster on another forum, naturally. The Pork tenderloins were marinated for 24 hours then smoked in a Traeger with oak & pecan pellets. The pork was cooked to 150 degrees internal temp; it's not as pink as it appears due to flash bounce back.

Fiery Caribbean Pork with Port Wine Reduction Sauce

They tend to be a bit spicy with the addition of Habaneros so give fair warning when serving or use something a little milder.

img_541728_0_bebee8e157cdb107875ccd785835033f.jpg

img_541728_1_0b4292ebfb9a84e80595d69b52c30bd1.jpg

img_541728_2_eec0dbeb9bf7544b7644c681cdf79207.jpg

img_541728_3_100349cc8e745afaebf03d54f4fc9f12.jpg

img_541728_4_e3bfff2d811a00137d47f666ea1ff04a.jpg

img_541728_5_ee433811ecc70ea26398366615d790fd.jpg

What you’ll need:

2 pork tnderloins

Put those into a marinade consisting of the following ingredients:

½ White onion coarsely chopped.
2 Cloves garlic (or more)
2 Dried Habanero Chilies
2 Tablespoons Dark Rum
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1 Teaspoon Orange zest
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1” Piece Fresh Ginger
½ Teaspoon dried Thyme
¼ Teaspoon EACH Cinnamon, Allspice, Nutmeg, Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw all of this (except the meat) in a food processor and puree, scraping the sides occasionally. I marinade them overnight in big zip-lock bags but do it how ever you want as long as the meat is floating around in the liquid. Move it around occasionally to make sure the meat gets coated on all sides.

Make a Port Wine Reduction Sauce by heating a couple cups of Port wine in a sauce pan over very low heat. It should be hot enough that you see a light steam rising from the pan but never allow it to come to a full simmer. Stir occasionally if it makes you feel better. It’ll take 2-3 hours to reduce it down to a syrupy ½ cup.

Take the ribs out of the marinade and put them on a pre-heated and oiled grill. Use the left over marinade to baste them as they cook over medium heat. Serve by placing on a plate and drizzling the reduction sauce over the meat.

Black Bean Salad

This is an excellent side dish to go with the Caribbean Pork or take it as your contribution to the next pot-luck dinner, it’s good.

What you’ll need:

2 14oz cans of black beans, drained well
1 Cup Frozen or fresh white corn
1 10 oz can of Mandarin Oranges, drained
1/2 White onion, minced
1 Serrano Chile, minced (or more)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped fine
1 medium tomato, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped

Dressing:

1/3 Cup Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Light Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard

OK, here’s the tricky part; Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients

wow, looks great john.

we've been enjoying a lot of pork tenderloins lately, so i'm always looking for new ways to make them. also, i never seem to have enough uses for all of the hot peppers that i grow.

thanks for the recips.

oh, you might want to post the bean salad recipe seperately. it looks tasty as well.

Looks great... I suppose if you wanted it milder, just substitute a milder pepper...

Pork tenderloin on the grill... yumm!!

John, that pork looks absolutely wonderful!

I cook mine to 140 and let it rest, and it IS nice and pink on the inside! I wanted to jump into your photo and eat those beautiful slices with my fingers, even without the sauce!

Nice job!

Lee

Really great pic's I have a bottle of port and have been thinking of how to use it and you have nailed right on the head. Thanks for a great idea. Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom