Chinese Pork Over Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This is the same recipe as the Simmered Chinese Chicken that I posted the other day,only difference is I made it with a couple pork tenderloins.
The one thing that I did different was double the sauce and cut the cornstarch and water in half so the sauce was on the thinner side. I made my corrections to the recipe but you will need to double the sauce recipe if your family likes lots of sauce. I plan to try the pork without the rice next time and serve the sauce over the sliced pork. This is a great sauce.
Enjoy! Debbie

CHINESE PORK OVER RICE - Just substitute pork for the chicken.

img_620545_0_af071840249608c336317abd8c38b274.jpg

* I used ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and it was not overly spicy at all.
I also used apple juice.
_____

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I can't find your Chinese Chicken over Rice. Could you head me in the right direction, please?

I'm not sure if this is the one. It's not served over rice. Let me know if it's not the one and I will look some more. Debbie

[URL="http://www.fosterfarms.com/recipes/details.asp?recipeid=86]SIMMERED CHINESE CHICKEN [/URL]

img_631241_0_577a8b58543d942b858f54a2841e839d.jpg

img_631241_1_48675d970f2bb2c9aab9441a3c275199.jpg

* I used ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and it was not overly spicy at all.
I also used apple juice.
_____

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done making this and waiting for them to find out if they approve. Most of your recipes Ol' Blue are eaten fairly quickly. I just try to make them feel good when they eat their meals. Seems most of them are anxious to find out what is for dinner the next night? Makes me wonder if they have some kind of problem with t heir meals. Guess having something to look forward too, makes their day. I just hope I don't create problems with the wives of these guys who work with my family. The wives work and can't prepare these meals. Guys always say they have t o take the little Mrs. out to eat.

I am just thankful I have the time to think about what I want to fix. And that I have all of you to thank for the recipes you feel are the best . I will always give DC credit for success in my kitchen. t hanks to all of you. Just like having someone helping me plan and cook. Thanks again

Now you tell me? Where do I get this, at regular store or someplace like Trader Joe's? Is it hard to find is my real question.

So you made this and used this spice along with the others that she suggested?

IntheKitchen said:
I will always give DC credit for success in my kitchen. t hanks to all of you. Just like having someone helping me plan and cook. Thanks again

I-T-K, I feel the same way. It's like having a group of caring friends looking over your shoulder, helping you make everything you cook the very best.

I-T-K, I feel the same way. It's like having a group of caring friends looking over your shoulder, helping you make everything you cook the very best.

AMEN! you got it!! well, I know whatever they feel t hey will eat it. Nothing like this crew to go without a meal. But they always want something different. They do understand they have to eat leftovers maybe that is why they want to make something good so they eat extra that way no thing left over. i try I really try.

Good thing I am not in this boat alone.

We baked a pork tenderloin last night, and I would like to make this for supper tonight. Can I just make the sauce and pour it over the rice and pork? I'm just asking because the recipe for the 'chicken and rice' says to simmer with the chicken, then skim the fat, etc.. I never saw the recipe for the pork and rice.. plus my pork is already cooked, so i'm just kind of confused about what to do...

We baked a pork tenderloin last night, and I would like to make this for supper tonight. Can I just make the sauce and pour it over the rice and pork? I'm just asking because the recipe for the 'chicken and rice' says to simmer with the chicken, then skim the fat, etc.. I never saw the recipe for the pork and rice.. plus my pork is already cooked, so i'm just kind of confused about what to do...

That would work great. You can also reheat the pork in the sauce if you want.
If you want I can send you my recipe that I did for the pork. DC removed it due to copyright laws. It will have my corrections to the recipe.

Just wanted to let you know that I made your pork and rice and it was WONDERFUL! It was a bit too spicy for me, so I'll probably adjust that a bit, but it was still SO good. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom