Cooking boneless pork loin roasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyn

Assistant Cook
I have cooked pork before but not this amount. I have 3 boneless pork loin roasts weighing fron 6.50 to 7 lbs each. I want to cook all 3 loins at the same time in the oven. But how long and at what temp would I cook this amount of meat and not dry the roasts out. any help would be great as I am cooking this for thanksgiving dinner.
thanks cyn

If you have a convection feature on your oven, this should be a piece of cake, and it won't take very long at all, because of the air circulation.

I would use a digital probe thermometer, just as I will on my turkey. They come with very clear instructions, and definitely let you know when your food is cooked to the proper temp that YOU set before you put it into the oven. It removes ALL the guesswork! They're pricy, but worth every penny.

Pre-convection, my 22-24 pound bird would take 6+ hours, but now, it's less than 4 -- AND the bird is much more beautifully and evenly browned and juicy.

Boneless pork loin is a very lean cut of meat. I recommend cooking them at 400 F to an internal temperature of 145 F.

Consider brining the roasts before roasting them. It will add flavor and promote a more juicy result.

You can cook them all on one large cookie sheet or half sheet pan. Make sure there is a couple of inches of space between the roasts to promote heat circulation.

When I cook pork loins I do the following.

I start them at 500F for 15 minutes. I then turn them down to 260F and let them roast. Cook until they reach 142F or so. Let them rest before slicing.

I don't cover them but I do liberally season them and roast them on a rack.

I have done large quantities at a time. As long as you start with the hot oven, it doesn't make that much difference.

First time covection convert

I tried the convection setting on a combination convection/microwave oven with a boneless pork roast and it came out EXCELLENT! My only concern is that my oven doesn't have a built-in probe thermometer so I have to open the door to check doneness. My regular convection oven can accomodate a wireless digital probe thermometer during cooking.

If you have a convection feature on your oven, this should be a piece of cake, and it won't take very long at all, because of the air circulation.

I would use a digital probe thermometer, just as I will on my turkey. They come with very clear instructions, and definitely let you know when your food is cooked to the proper temp that YOU set before you put it into the oven. It removes ALL the guesswork! They're pricy, but worth every penny.

Pre-convection, my 22-24 pound bird would take 6+ hours, but now, it's less than 4 -- AND the bird is much more beautifully and evenly browned and juicy.

Back
Top Bottom