Cooking thin slices of pork (in a foreman grill) & pork seasoning questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldramon

Assistant Cook
I often get these thin slices of pork with no bones and the fat trimmed off. one day, i decided to try my luck with a foreman grill. i made some of the best thin pork chops i have ever had. i used garlic and pepper seasoning and paprika. paprika is something new to me, and at home, and i find that it doesn't seem too too special, and i find i shouldn't over do it, so -- i'm curious what seasons go very well with those thin pork chops. also, how long do you nuke them in a foreman grill ? i tried about 8 minutes or so the first time, they came out good. the second time i tried my luck, only 7 minutes, the meat was white not pink, but that second time -- after eating them, i felt a kind of burpy indigestion that made me believe they were either undercooked, or the pork chops may have been bad (too long in the fridge without cooking) which might have been the case.

btw, how long can pork chops be kept in the fridge until they go bad ?

thank you

I often get these thin slices of pork with no bones and the fat trimmed off. one day, i decided to try my luck with a foreman grill. i made some of the best thin pork chops i have ever had. i used garlic and pepper seasoning and paprika. paprika is something new to me, and at home, and i find that it doesn't seem too too special, and i find i shouldn't over do it, so -- i'm curious what seasons go very well with those thin pork chops. also, how long do you nuke them in a foreman grill ? i tried about 8 minutes or so the first time, they came out good. the second time i tried my luck, only 7 minutes, the meat was white not pink, but that second time -- after eating them, i felt a kind of burpy indigestion that made me believe they were either undercooked, or the pork chops may have been bad (too long in the fridge without cooking) which might have been the case.

btw, how long can pork chops be kept in the fridge until they go bad ?

thank you

"Nuking" is done in a microwave, quick grilling is done on a Forman grill. You're right, the Forman does a great job of grilling thin slices of pork, beef, chicken, burgers, etc.
If you like the way they came out the first time why not just stick with it? The more you season meat the more you run the risk of overseasoning and changing the flavor. The garlic and pepper seasoning you used seems to be what works, and I would leave off the paprika. Not necessary and will overpower the delicate taste of pork.
As for cooking time, pork no longer is eaten well done, so take it off at the first sign of just a little pink. Let it rest for a few minutes to finish cooking off heat and enjoy. BTW, I'm a purist, I like my pork slices with just a little salt and pepper to bring out the flavor. That's it.

As for length of time in the fridge, if you're going to eat it within a day or two fine, if not wrap it well and put it in the freezer. Pork spoils easily.

Back
Top Bottom