Country Style Ribs, Deep Fried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ingredients:

1 country style rib per person
salt
pepper
cooking oil

Add enough oil to a dutch oven, or deep fryer to cover the ribs. Let it get hot, about 360' or so. Season the ribs with S&P. Place in the hot oil. Fry for ten minutes.

The ribs are not greasy and are as nice as any I've pan fried, or cooked in the oven. And it's fast. The only downside, you can't sauce them until they are on the platter, or plate.

Just another experiment to see if the seasonings would stick in the hot oil. They did.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

critique of the deep fried ribs:

I just ate that deep-fried rib, and it was everything I hoped it would be, with some unexpected goodness. The rib (I only had one to cook) wasn't greasy like a coated piece of meat. I expect that the moisture escaping the meat inhibited the meat absorbing much of the cooking oil. The fats were all crispy and mostly rendered out. The flesh had a light, crispy texture on the outside, and was so very tender on just under the surface and throughout. Plus, all of the bones separated easily to allow me access to every edible morsel. As I'd hoped, the seasonings stayed on.

I said there was a downside, there isn't. Deep fried ribs need no sauce. They are that good, and extremely tender.

I think if you were to remove the bones, and dice the meat, you could heat oil in a fondue, and provide skewers to everyone, so they could cook their own meat, and dip into whatever sauces you provided. Serve up some diced pineapple, and pitted cherries, and you have a meal worth remembering.

The deep fried ribs on a plate with baked sweet potato, and some steamed asparagus would be great as well.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Wouldn't have thought of doing that. But, when I think about it, it makes sense. Much to my surprise, deep fried bacon is great and isn't greasy.

Back
Top Bottom